News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Something Stupid

Started by AlexSmith, 29 July, 2014, 20:08:25

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSmith

Being from a cold place, I spend a lot of time at a ski hill in the winters. The last couple of seasons, my friends and I have started putting out little edits of us riding. So may I present: Something Stupid. Most people in the crew play kendama at least a little bit (Eric Martin is one of the other guys in the crew), so it isn't entirely off topic..

The most recent couple of edits have been skateboarding rather than snowboarding/skiing, but we have a good amount of snow footy still waiting to be chopped into edits. They'll probably make an appearance sometime later this summer.

Vimeo channel homepage: https://vimeo.com/user15376384

Most recent: RIOT IN THE STREETS

Most recent snow: Episode 10

Some personal favourites:
Episode 7:

Episode 4: (I think this one has the most views?)

And of course: Episode 4.5: DOUBLE TOOBZ

Enjoy!

PikWik

very cool

its amazing what the internet and technology allow us to do these days. gone is the time when you had to make a gang of shoddy DVDs in your bedroom to get exposure. vimeo/youtube have created a perfect avenue to showcase entertainment. be it professional or just some kids goofing off, digital media gives everyone the power to be a filmmaker/producer/artist/talent

thanks for sharing

AlexSmith

Quote from: PikWik on 29 July, 2014, 20:53:33
its amazing what the internet and technology allow us to do these days. gone is the time when you had to make a gang of shoddy DVDs in your bedroom to get exposure. vimeo/youtube have created a perfect avenue to showcase entertainment. be it professional or just some kids goofing off, digital media gives everyone the power to be a filmmaker/producer/artist/talent

Thanks! So true what you said... even in the time I've been making videos it is amazing how much simpler it has become to create and share them. When I first started I had a GL1 and would have to buy miniDV tapes all the time, and it was such a hassle recording tapes onto a laptop to edit! Before youtube was around I helped make some crappy skate DVDs with my friends, though that was long before kendama.
I did film some kendama with my GL1 though - man it took a lot of tape it would take to film a kendama trick! :p (search out my BKA competition entry, I think it is actually posted on vimeo, and on juggling.tv?)

For anyone who didn't experience film cameras, this is where the term 'stacking footy' came from - you would literally end up with a stack of tapes!

PikWik

nice, i remember recording skate videos with my sony digital 8 handycam. that was back in 2000-2002 when i was more into blading and lived 15 minutes from eisenbergs skatepark. i had some great times skating in the alley of my house and at the local schools and random rails. definitely wouldnt be as into kendama if it werent for skating.

i collected a ton of skate videos on vhs, and still have them all, but one of them was a salomon sponsored video 'focused' and had a japan section. BAM, one-turn airplane and a couple quick cup juggles and the kendama was gone. just a few seconds of screen time that just grazed by me, and i never knew what it was called. it wasnt until i saw rachard johnson messing with one in another video, Years later, that i had to find out what these things were called. and it was a kendama!