News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

KC kendamas

Started by HansNickmans, 23 December, 2011, 13:40:59

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

I've come across these kendamas for some time now, KC battle, winner, winner II,...

I understand the KC stands for kendama china? Anyone who can tell me their history?
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

The only bit of history i can add is that I was told the Winner II came about because they saw my less-than-complimentary photo review of the Winner (I). So I inadvertently helped design the WII[nb]Haven't actually played with it much more since then, so no further report from me as yet.[/nb]!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

hater

I really like the package, but dont know how they are...

Thorny

I don't have much to say about their history... but the Winner II's are nice kendamas.

I still need to get my hands on one the blue kotobuki style Winner II's! Really nice looking tama.

AlexSmith

KCN (stands for Kendama China) is a different company from KC (also stands for Kendama China).
KCN made (they're no longer in business) the Battle kendamas (notably the rasta colour) as well as the FKC mini.
KC makes Winner II's, & Basic II's currently, as well as other models in the past.

Personally, KCN Battles are one of my favourite kens, right next to or above Oozoras. They're not a good for lunar sorta stuff but they're awesome for everything else. Nothing is better for stilt/bird/grip/slip stalls than a worked in battle. They get hella chipped up though.

Winner II's aren't bad, I see them as a sort of 'middle of the pack' kendama. They're a tiny bit thicker than most kens, which I kinda like. The blue/gold pro model one is pretty sick looking. Beware though, if you play it a lot the gold will slowly wear off (this has happened to a couple of my friends).

Buddhaprice

out of all my kendamas my battle rasta has a huge spot in my heart, like alex said those tedious tricks come like butter on those things,but i even happen find it to be an exceptionally great kendama for lunars actually(i learned inwards on mine) the kens are like tanks but the balls do chip like crazy, glad i kept one in the package to stay pretty. Also the packaging on the Battles are the best the rasta stickers, Im not very knowledgeable in this company really but they make great kens       

AlexSmith

Hey everyone, quick little update with some more info on KCN that was posted to the Terra kendama Facebook page today:

For a while now we've been trying to get some info about the status of KCN, here's an update of what we now know:

KCN has been producing kendamas for several years. These include the older first gen kens (like the Rastas we have in stock), as well as the second gen kens (like the single colours we have in stock). A couple years ago it seems they completely quit selling kendamas outside of China, as no western shops were able to import them. At that time it was widely assumed that KCN was out of business. Recently, we were able to talk with a worker from the factory that makes KCN kendamas. We learned that 2012 is the last year of business for KCN, after that they are no longer producing kendamas. While the exact reason they stopped selling to Western shops is still unknown, it is sad to see a company that made such classics as the first ever Rasta kendama close its doors. Respect to those who founded KCN in a time when kendama was nowhere near as popular as it is now. We thank you for making some great kens!
-The Terra Crew