News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

mabulrub

Today I got a late turnover ken  to dama almost consistent. Thanks to @Thevoid for filming a tutorial

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

the milky oolong

Quote from: LarsVegas on 10 January, 2016, 20:05:26
... started to practice for the Spikedama GlokenCup Trick List. I don't know whether I can go at all, but it's a nice motivation - and who knows ...
So far I can surely get 10 points (out of 35) - which possibly is enough for the last or second to last place.

But I'm having fun :)

Well done Lars, always rewarding to work your way through a trick list, keep pushing!

Today I have been playing around with Aero> Insta Reverse JS > Reverse JS > Insta JS. So much fun, looks completely weird. Got five minutes? Give it a go!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

donald grant

Reverse infinity slinger to reverse swing in (tried it for a laugh and it's actually quite doable!) And dead body rotor blade to dead body. I've obviously got too much time in my hotel room :)

HansNickmans

Quote from: donald grant on 13 January, 2016, 03:40:21
And dead body rotor blade to dead body. I've obviously got too much time in my hotel room :)

Does that mean the ken spins one turn off the ball and is caught? Or do you go from dead body<in<rotor blade to dead body? In any ways, I'm gonna try it later :)
Kendama Belgium!

donald grant

Should both work, what I hit was the body - flat 360 off the tama - to body again. In fact, thinking about it, if I can get a 450 spin off the body, I could go to spike.... Something for me to try tonight...

The Void

Nice, Donald. So, like this...

...? But did you tap to start the spin, like me, or use a wrist-twist?
I found his trick much more awkward to get than I thought it was going to be when I imagined it!

Milky - I like the sound of that one, although I'm rubbish at Instas....
Go Lars! Go mabulrub!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Like that, void, but no tap or finger, just one handed with a lot of twist and float! And tonight I got the 450 one to spike :)

The Void

Cool. I tried it like that, but got nowhere, so had to tap. Well done!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Quote from: the milky oolong on 11 January, 2016, 02:45:58Today I have been playing around with Aero> Insta Reverse JS > Reverse JS > Insta JS. So much fun, looks completely weird. Got five minutes? Give it a go!
Gave it 5 minutes. Missed the last move 3 times, but it was better than I thought I'd do whilst the microwave was whirling. Cheers, @the milky oolong !

The Void

Oops, no, I read it wrong, and I was actually trying
Aero> Insta Reverse JS > JS > Rev JS
D'oh!

the milky oolong

No problem, Void, I think the terminology is a bit difficult as the tricks are happening in the split second of a '>' as opposed to after it, really. Nice one for trying it, though! Today I woke up in Berlin and am hungry for some kendama action, maybe Kendama Europe is coming to town this weekend too! Woop!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

The Void

Quote from: the milky oolong on 11 January, 2016, 02:45:58Today I have been playing around with Aero> Insta Reverse JS > Reverse JS > Insta JS. So much fun, looks completely weird. Got five minutes? Give it a go!
Today I got the proper version whilst the kettle was boiling. Cheers, @the milky oolong ! :)

donald grant

Nicely done, void. And that video line was great, really tight.
Meanwhile, in my rainy hotel room I got reverse one turn body - 360 rover - in.

KenSan

Starting to get to grips with lightening drops. Still not spiked the aeroplane catch but got one to lighthouse :o Seeing Yamahi924s effort I see I have a ways to go before I make them look that effortless!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)