News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge #31: There be Pirates

Started by shalafi, 06 January, 2015, 13:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 02 February, 2015, 15:17:03
I'm impressed by both [user]Dadooh[/user]'s run and [user]shalafi[/user]'s general play if this is what it's like for him all the time!
I have over 30 years of training on how to minimise the effects of stereoblindness. ^_^
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Was thinking the same; I find one-eyed stuf seriously challenging, and I thought, it's probably not an excuse to mention eyesight, as [user]shalafi[/user] wears glasses most of the time! Fair play to you guys. Not gotten very far with this one yet.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

LarsVegas

I find catching in the cups rather easy. However, spiking is something completely different. I feel like the biggest klutz of all. Respect to [user]shalafi[/user] and all the others who can do this.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

I got to #6 tonight. Getting better! Also, this list inspired me to record a silly trick, which I'll Instagram tomorrow.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 02 February, 2015, 22:30:59
I got to #6 tonight. Getting better! Also, this list inspired me to record a silly trick, which I'll Instagram tomorrow.
I find the Earth Turns specially tricky, I'm wondering if it is the same for everyone.

We love silly tricks.

Dadooh

Captain Cook is definitely the hardest trick in this list imo.

the milky oolong

Just for clarification:

Captain Cook:

Captain Hook:

Both were indeed most definitely very merciless pirates and true 'baddies'. Actually, the only real difference I can see is that Captain Hook wasn't a white supremacist. At least not in the version I remember.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

LOL love the clarification. For the record, there's one captain hook movie with people instead of animation.

Hook:
http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt0102057/

The Void

I've got a cold. I had a brief go at this again today, but my knee wasn't happy about it, and I lost energy quickly. Like Lars, I find the Spikes/Ins hardest.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Leologic777

I tried... coudnt even land the lighthouse... (just consistently learned normal lighthouses yesterday maybe thats why :/)
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

LarsVegas

Just to keep the spirit up. I'm practicing for days now. That's how far I get ... I can do the tricks up to Around the Cosmos with a probability higher than 50%. But I can't get past Captain Hook. And I didn't show that it takes me about 50 tries to get one lighthouse into balance. Mostly I knock the base away, land on my hand or the ken falls on the tama from too high above.

Shalafi ... my highest respect

EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

I'm the opposite of you, Lars: the first 2 are reasonably fine, but it gets much harder from there on. I had another go tonight, but didn't get past 3.

shalafi

shalafi

I gave it a run this afternoon (just for fun) during a work break and I got as far as Around the World (#6) in 10 minutes.

I will try again later, with proper warm up.