News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

VOTW 05-03-2012 Sam B - Kendama Edit 1 - Home and Garden!!!

Started by SamB, 04 March, 2012, 12:13:31

Previous topic - Next topic

SamB

I finally went and did it, I made a kendama video, and here it is!
Be sure to watch it in HD. ENJOY!

As a bit of blurb, I tried to do tricks which I've either not seen done on video or that I have only just learned to do. This meant I left out plenty of my repertoire but this just means I have plenty left to make more videos.

In the youtube description I put a list of the trick names if you're wondering what any of them are.

And for those that have tried everything on kendama I used a grip I've not seen before which I've called Pistol Grip (around the 3 minute mark) where you hook your index finger around the big cup and hold the ken like like a pistol. I'm not really sure what can be done with this grip yet but give it a go!

Here's to 2 1/2 more years!!!!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Right, well let's not waste any time, and make this tomorrow's video of the week right now.
Loved the Faster Than GraviTree, and the 18th-time-lucky Beckoning Cat. Lovely vid with a great vibe.

I think I 'discovered' the pistol grip ages ago, but I didn't really take it anywhere. (Maybe this was before I realised Clifftop was possible.)

You have a nice garden!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Toby

Has everything a good edit should have! I liked it a lot...look forward to more dude.
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

SamB

Thanks a lot! It's my parents garden, proper Last of the Summer Wine[nb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRsd_Iu-42E&feature=related[/nb] country. I was fortunate with the weather too.
Quote from: The Void on 04 March, 2012, 14:38:23
Faster Than GraviTree
Gah I can't believe I missed that name! I updated the trick list appropriately.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Oase

donald grant

Great edit, lots of fun stuff.  We'll have to see if we can find a suitable tree for you in Southend...:)