News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

BatDancer

Most forums seem to have a "Today I..." thread for showing off your achievements. So here's one for Kendama!!!

Today I... landed Falling Down

Roam

Well today my green SunRise  arrived and I managed to land a spike at the second attempt,  future BKA champ is right here  ;) ;D
Obama can't Kendama

The Void

Well done Roam. Have a cup of tea!

Today I..... got nowhere with 1-turn Moon Landing. :(
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dave

Today i almost got Tunbridge wells! Damn you Penguin spike earthturn!!!!
BALL AND CUP!

GbH

Well, this lunchtime, I started doing the Suicide (Spacewalk) Lighthouse thing for the first time.  I've previously been trying to avoid getting distracted with Spacewalk variations, as it seemed a better idea to direct my attention towards getting the basic Suicide Aeroplane something near to consistent.  Well, the consistency is still not quite what I want it to be, but the lure of trying something different won out.  I managed the lighthouse version several times during the session, so I guess that was a reasonable start.

Harrydh3

Landed spike-kenflip-spike
It was one of those moments where you shout YES! when you're on your own.  ;D

BKA

Quote from: Harrydh3 on 08 July, 2011, 00:00:43

I'm not sure exactly what trick you mean by this. Do you mean...
1. Spike (Tomeken/とめけん)
2. Throw the ball off into an Earth Turn (Chikyuu Mawashi/地球まわし)
3. While the ball is turning, throw the ken 360 underneath it, straight back into your hand . = Whirlwind (Tsumujikaze/つむじ風)
4. Finish the Earth Turn with a catch of the ball back on the spike.
?

If that's what you mean, then it's a
Spike > Whirlwind Earth Turn (Tomeken > Tsumujikaze Chikyuu Mawashi / とめけん > つむじ風地球まわし)
I just tried it, and it's HARD, so if that's it, well done!

The Void

Quote from: GbH on 07 July, 2011, 22:38:59Well, this lunchtime, I started doing the Suicide (Spacewalk) Lighthouse thing for the first time....

Nice one Guy. When I first started going beyond "just" the Suicide Aeroplane, I found Sui Lighthouse and Sui 1-Turn Aero to both be.... well, not easy, but they certainly felt achievable.

Sui Swing In remains in the realms of awkward for me. As for Sui Moon and Sui Stilts, I've barely even tried them.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Harrydh3

Quote1. Spike (Tomeken/とめけん)
3. While the ball is turning, throw the ken 360 underneath it, straight back into your hand . = Whirlwind (Tsumujikaze/つむじ風)

Kind of but i threw the ball off the spike so it stayed vertical (no spins) 360'd the ken and caught it back on spike :)

AlexSmith

Quote from: Harrydh3 on 08 July, 2011, 13:38:20
Quote1. Spike (Tomeken/とめけん)

Kind of but i threw the ball off the spike so it stayed vertical (no spins) 360'd the ken and caught it back on spike :)
No earth? That's even tricker in my opinion.
I'm a big fan of earthturns with a finger flip of the Ken while it spins. One of my sort of signature 'go-to' tricks. I find the 'off hand' Ken flip much harder.

To keep the thread going: today I watched my brother land his first bird. He was pretty stoked

Harrydh3

i just landed swing in bird, over valley, back to bird, small cup wingwalker, spike. 1st go.
Pure amazment! never even done a wing before now (tried soo much though )  ;D

Dave

Quote from: BKA on 08 July, 2011, 12:24:10
Quote from: Harrydh3 on 08 July, 2011, 00:00:43

I'm not sure exactly what trick you mean by this. Do you mean...
1. Spike (Tomeken/とめけん)
?

If that's what you mean, then it's a
Spike > Whirlwind Earth Turn (Tomeken > Tsumujikaze Chikyuu Mawashi / とめけん > つむじ風地球まわし)
I just tried it, and it's HARD, so if that's it, well done!

Whoop: Earthturn Wirlwind - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
BALL AND CUP!

Harrydh3

I wish i could make it look that easy!
Nice one man!
Is that a metalic bllue oozora?

Dave

Yes its a metalic blue oozora from Kendama.cz.

i just landed/fluked:

front big lunar
to
small axe
to
small bamboo horse/stilts
flip
big lunar
to
spike!!!!

i actually shouted YES to myself after that!
BALL AND CUP!

The Void