News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

@Buddha: both hands is impressive
@cub 1/5 for that combo sounds pretty good to me! Nice one.

Today I..... realised that paying more attention to your Speed Trick B than to your porridge as it's microwaving is not that great an idea!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Thorny

Today I... started filming a new edit and got a few tricks with Harry!

Gonna do a little more filming tomorrow and then hopefully a bit more through the week and then editing shall begin!

*EDIT SPOILER*    I managed Lighthouse - flip - Lighthouse - reverse flip - Lighthouse - double flip - Lighthouse - double reverse flip - Lighthouse - Falling... I've been trying that one for weeks[/b!

KendAlex

nice thorny,
that trick is on my list too.

LarsVegas

ended my hiatus. Don't know why, should have had plenty of time during the winter holidays, but I hardly clicked since 06. December. What a shame. Do I have to make a new introduction?

On the plus side, there'll be a new player in our group tomorrow. That makes us ... 3!
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 17 August, 2011, 11:35:16...sometimes uses the kettle, but prefers to race trick ladders against the toaster....
Today I raced the saucepan against the BKO 2012 Advanced ladder. Had to add the rice before I conquered #20. I blame the low ceiling.  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

steffibearpaw

Today my little daughter (6 years old) reached Arround the World for the first time.... soooo proud of her  8)

The Void

ATW at 6? That's pretty good going!!

The Void

KCC#8: 21 misses
BKA Advanced tricks": 20 misses

I think I need to make the latter a more regular practice, since I obviously need to polish that up.

BatDancer

Today I "barista'd" a trick ( ie raced the arrival of the coffee I was buying)

Makes a change from "kettling", "toastering" or "saucepanning"...

The Void

Quote from: BatDancer on 21 January, 2012, 14:38:57Today I "barista'd" a trick
*Hi-5!*

I got a few people looking on in interest as I clicked for my coffee. (I can't remember what tricks a was doing - probably just general low-level jamming.) So that's got to be good. :)

The Void

Yesterday Batdancer gave me the idea for a trick: DoubleTap-back. By which, I don't mean two tap-backs in a row, I mean Tap-back, but with two taps in the same direction between the ball leaving and returning to the big cup. After seeing BD do this, I managed a [TripleTap]-back, and then 3 of those in a row. I'm sure a QuadTap-back must be possible too.

Thorny

It would be possible with ample knees, Void!

Yesterday I managed a new spacewalk variation for the first time :-
Suicide - Handroll - Whirlwind Furiken! :D

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 18 January, 2012, 15:44:02KCC#8: 21 misses
BKA Advanced tricks": 20 misses
KCC#8: 28
BKO Adv: 9
Well, one of them's going in the right direction!

steffibearpaw

Today after 84 days of workout I reached TOUDAI for the first time.... so cool  8)... enjoy!

ChrisD

Today, in my final run-through before Chocfest, I managed a legal run through to step 11 of the Beginners Trick Ladder, with about half a dozen errors accumulated along the way.  My best to date.  I've never yet managed Lighthouse, but if (if!) I get anywhere near this on Sat I'll be pleased. 

Chris