News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

steffibearpaw

Today I am so motivated.... after "Lighthouse" yesterday, I tried "Faster than gravity".... incredible I made it this moment for 4 times.... ;D.... happy, happy, happy !

FilthyTown

I landed my first lunar and big cup stilts.  HUGE props to the people that can flip them 190909191991 times and can catch em clean.  It literally seems like it is impossible...

Thorny

Quote from: FilthyTown on 28 January, 2012, 22:32:17
I landed my first lunar and big cup stilts.

Well done! That's a big achievement, that goes for both of you!
Tama tricks seem so out of reach when you begin learning them, but they eventually come round!

BKA

Congrats to Steffi & Filthy! Nicely done.
Keep setting your own personal goals, folks. Have fun challenging yourself!

The Void

After a brief chill-out following the NRC, I managed to get a little clicking done myself. I managed Banking to Wingwalker, which I've only hit once before.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

Today I locked myself out of the flat with no kendamas (or bikes)! :'( :'( :'(
Forgot how quickly I get bored (and how much buses suck)....

#addicted

Quote from: The Void on 29 January, 2012, 20:33:16
After a brief chill-out following the NRC, I managed to get a little clicking done myself. I managed Banking to Wingwalker, which I've only hit once before.

I saw it! Not the most visually impressive trick but still awesome! I'm working on it (when I can get back in).
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

DanTheManWithThePlan

Today I did Around the World for the first time, only had a kendama for half a week, I could have cried.
Aha, I'm such a noob...

BKA

Quote from: DanTheManWithThePlan on 03 February, 2012, 23:08:51Today I did Around the World for the first time, only had a kendama for half a week, I could have cried. Aha, I'm such a noob...
Excellent! You're well on your way. So, what's your kettle trick?

Adam K

Swing to lighthouse! Got it three times total and once to falling!
EDIT: And now I just got sara grip around the USA! Oh happy day!

The Void

Nice one Adam, sweet stuff!

Yesterday I managed to feel like I was finally getting to grips with Swirls. I got several Swirl Aeroplanes, and a couple of (non-cack-handed) Swirl Swing Ins.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

steffibearpaw

This moment my little daughter (6)  managed  "around  prefecture" for the first time!!!! Congrats!! So proud.....  :) ;D :)

Adam K

Quote from: steffibearpaw on 07 February, 2012, 16:51:02
This moment my little daughter (6)  managed  "around  prefecture" for the first time!!!! Congrats!! So proud.....  :) ;D :)
That's great! Future BKO advanced champ in the making! :)

FilthyTown

I was able to get a few slip grip stalls today...it feels so good to finally get them.

Thorny

Quote from: FilthyTown on 08 February, 2012, 23:39:01
I was able to get a few slip grip stalls today...it feels so good to finally get them.

Awesome man! I remember my first few, loved it!

Today I...

filmed my ladder and uploaded it! etc etc etc haha

:)

AlexSmith

Quote from: Thorny on 09 February, 2012, 00:24:44
Quote from: FilthyTown on 08 February, 2012, 23:39:01

Awesome man! I remember my first few, loved it!

I've honestly never done many slip stalls... I mostly just go for the grip stalls instead. Always felt more comfy with them.