News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Jak

Sounds mad. Propeller is an infinite swirl right? No wraps yeah? So is the hop when it comes off your finger for a half (or a full?) rotation and back into it?

fiddletriks

Today I landed my first quad lighthouse flip, and landed it cleaner than nick stodd on a plane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*welsh thistle*

The Void

Quote from: fiddletriks on 08 October, 2016, 20:33:39Today I landed my first quad lighthouse flip, and landed it cleaner than nick stodd on a plane!
Bang! Nice one duuuude. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Gently easing my back back into the swing[nb]errr... Pull Up, actually.[/nb] of things.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Jedi_man

Today I got this super hard line that the mosquitoes tried EXTREMELY hard to stop me from getting. Seriously these mosquitoes were CRAZY ENRAGING! I call this line Around the Mosquito just because of those things! It was:

Airplane-Lighthouse-Bottom cup-Lighthouse-Flip ken to left hand-Throw ball to left hand big cup-Throw ball back to right-Throw ken to airplane-Drop and pop-Downspike!

Super frustrating! Mostly because of the mosquitoes screwing me up every other attempt though. >:( It also didn't help that I was using a slippery natty TK-16, but I wanted to catch it legitimately.
But I finally did get it, and I'm happy now  ;D

Quote from: fiddletriks on 08 October, 2016, 20:33:39
Today I landed my first quad lighthouse flip, and landed it cleaner than nick stodd on a plane!
Sick! I can't even do doubles yet!

The Void

Props for non-sticky nails, Jedi!

Today I did Juggle Flying Top > Whirlwind Earth Turn.

The Void

Had a crack at SISI Round 14 last night. No joy. But occassional players Henry & Idam both showed up at the juggling club, so had a little click with them.

KenSan

Landed a couple of back hand UFO to lighthouse after seeing @BenPycroft24 on instagram.  :D
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Today a kid in town asked me if I was the guy with that thing. And then asked me how I did in the World Championship. I told him I ran the British Championships just fine. :)

donald grant

That's great, Void; you can always rely on the general public :)  ( A while back, a couple of old ladies at a bus stop saw my kendama and said "Oooh, a diabolo!".  You couldn't make it up!)

Jedi_man

Today I went to the MKO and had a BLAST! Straight jamming for like 4 hours, laced a lot of sickeningly sick tricks and landed my first YANK spike! HYPE!
The overallhype at the MKO was incredible!

They were selling a lot of kendamas from a bunch of different brands there, so I took a look and saw the Cherry Atlantic Kendama. At first I was like "What the heck kind of wood is that? Looks really unique!" I asked them and they said it was Cherry so...

I had to pick it up, and met Anthony from Atlantic Kendamas. Really cool guy! He asked to jam my homegrown hickory/old rasta tama combo and he said it was FIRE FIRE FIRE. It is an awesome dama ;)
Anthony and I were talking about dama for a while, having fun, and he gave me an Atlantic Kendamas bag and a string pack for free. Thanks man!

The cherry Atlantic is a STEAL for $20, it plays incredibly smoothly and the one I got had the tama and ken within 5 grams! Mine did have a seam from 2 pieces of cherry compressed together, but I actually really like the look of it and they said it won't break along that seam or affect play.

Later I went back to tell Anthony how great this Cherry was, and saw a really cool Rez kendama and asked if I could try it. The Rez kendama is AWESOME! I got like 4 j-stick to lunars in a row with it. It has a great feel and I'm probably gonna get one for Christmas now  ;). Anthony didn't have any homegrowns, but after trying mine, he had to pick one up, straight from the stand! It was a really nice fruit punch spectra ken, with a maple/spectra stripe tama. That ken looks sick!

Really incredible time at the MKO! My sisters and brother wanted to leave the whole time though. They don't jam ken  ::)

The Void

Glad you got to go, and had a great time, Jedi. Thanks for telling us about it. (Little bit jealous! ;) )

fiddletriks

This is relevant here but the other day I met @the milky oolong   at Spikedama9 which was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*welsh thistle*

The Void

Nice sunset pic. Glad you guys met up.

Today I did a quick trap line.