News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

PikWik

you guys should figure out a way to film some of those games of KEN. i watch games of SKATE online so i dont see why other folks wouldnt watch KEN videos :)

and [user]The Void[/user] i have done that (film for 10 minutes and then go to watch the "super tech combo" and the camera was out of focus...) and also, set the camera up, jam for 20 minutes or so, and then right after i landed the trick, go check the footage, and yup, "the cameras out of batteries" :/

back on topic - ive been getting much more consistent with 2-turn lighthouses. and 1-turn stilts arent so "impossible" anymore

Leologic777

Quote from: PikWik on 16 February, 2015, 23:25:52
you guys should figure out a way to film some of those games of KEN. i watch games of SKATE online so i dont see why other folks wouldnt watch KEN videos :)

and [user]The Void[/user] i have done that (film for 10 minutes and then go to watch the "super tech combo" and the camera was out of focus...) and also, set the camera up, jam for 20 minutes or so, and then right after i landed the trick, go check the footage, and yup, "the cameras out of batteries" :/

back on topic - ive been getting much more consistent with 2-turn lighthouses. and 1-turn stilts arent so "impossible" anymore

I agree!
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

The Void

I think I'd feel weird about recording a game of KEN and offering it up to the world. Personally, I think playing KEN is fun, but watching it seems a bit dull to me. Too many misses.

Meanwhile, this...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Salvator-vals

By the way,  theoretically speaking if you play KEN against absolutely same-level opponent  your should choose the tricks with landing probability 1/3. Just simple math  8) Not sure if it really helps.

Maicodama

Watching a game of Ken would be pretty funny though despite the misses.

Anyways, off topic - finished my uni studies for the day and had a go on the dama. Didn't just land a stilt on the fourth try....whaaat- last week i thought it wasn't possible. Going to use [user]The Void[/user] as inspiration to land one from a lunar haha.

Dama on!
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

The Void

Quote from: Salvator-vals on 17 February, 2015, 21:30:01By the way,  theoretically speaking if you play KEN against absolutely same-level opponent  your should choose the tricks with landing probability 1/3. Just simple math  8) Not sure if it really helps.
I totally agree! I think most people try for tricks that are just a bit too hard. You can't give people a letter if you don't set a trick!

Good luck, Maico - you've really got to soften that landing, and get a nice straight throw upwards from the lunar too.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 18 February, 2015, 00:00:34
Quote from: Salvator-vals on 17 February, 2015, 21:30:01By the way,  theoretically speaking if you play KEN against absolutely same-level opponent  your should choose the tricks with landing probability 1/3. Just simple math  8) Not sure if it really helps.
I totally agree! I think most people try for tricks that are just a bit too hard. You can't give people a letter if you don't set a trick!
I also think people try too hard on games of KEN. I personally like weird tricks that most people haven't practiced.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Today I made a quick new video (coming out end of Feb), and moved a bunch of boxes around. Played no kendama. Oops.

Leologic777

Today I...
Landed my first earth turn orbit! its so exciting i litterally dropped my dama and went to hug my friend (he helped me with it) i took like two weeks to get it though.
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

BKA

the milky oolong

finally landed on film the Swing In > (Fast Hand) UFO that I've been dreaming about since being in the woods without a kendama and an imagination that tends to run wild. Am I right in thinking that the devilish Yannick Brunner stomped this years before I cracked it? Edit 2? Can't remember. 'Dama on, people, Milky's back from the woods and happy to be on the forum.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

the milky oolong

Erm, not exactly. Maybe better to say Swing In (Fast Hand) UFO, without the ">": when the tama comes up, spin the ken in your UFO rotation direction, and let go, grabbing the tama, then spike as for UFO. In one motion.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

shalafi

Quote from: the milky oolong on 20 February, 2015, 10:24:57
Erm, not exactly. Maybe better to say Swing In (Fast Hand) UFO, without the ">": when the tama comes up, spin the ken in your UFO rotation direction, and let go, grabbing the tama, then spike as for UFO. In one motion.
I think I've seen that, it is a really cool trick. Congrats on landing it!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.