News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: John on 21 March, 2017, 18:38:04
I had to move my fingers a little towards the base cup to begin the trick, hope that's ok @jakub.zahumensky :)

My hand was also fairly high on the ken when I caught it in the previous video, so it's alright.

John

Excellent! Ok, something I've been thinking about.

165. UFO 1.5 turn palm trap - rotate to lighthouse

So basically from the end position, do a UFO for 1.5 turns, and then palm trap it to the tama. So it should end up in a horizontal lighthouse shape, with the spike against your left palm (use a dull spike and trap softly)

Then just rotate it upwards to a lighthouse start. Is it clear?

The Void

Strictly that's two static positions. But I guess if there's no pause, its good. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, if it hasn't been done by then.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

To be 1 movement, it must be an 'insta' (or similar), if that's what your going for?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

John

Yes, the way I imagined it is as soon as it's in the trap, it becomes "locked" by your hands which can then immediately do a 90 degree turn clockwise (for righties) to lighthouse. It should be a fairly fluid motion and leads to an interesting starting position next time.

The Void

So... maintain the trap during the upwards rotation?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

John

Yep, so your locked hands basically do a 90 degree turn. Like you're holding the steering wheel at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock, and have to do a hard right turn to 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock.

The movement ends with one hand on top of the spike and the other hand holding the tama under the lighthouse.

The Void

The Void

@John So, it went like this:
Go outside, film trick. Come in, check clip, realise I'd lifted my hand off the trap. Go back out, it's raining, come back in. Into kitchen, film clip, this happened...

I think you should fail me for getting distracted right at the end. But I thought I'd share 'cos it made me laugh, at least.

John

Haha! That was amazing. Props to you Void, I had a go at this in the morning and it was certainly tougher than I imagined it. Classic ending, good job! Over to you sir...

The Void

Seriously, you're letting me get away with that?

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 22 March, 2017, 21:10:56
Seriously, you're letting me get away with that?

well, you held it quasistill for more than 3 seconds, you had clear control over it... plus, it will make a fun bit in the group video ;) there is one, right?

John

@The Void Absolutely nothing to get away with! The whole trick was executed completely cleanly and controlled, as Jakub said, each element was done just right and you held the lighthouse despite modern technology throwing you a curveball... and I'm pretty sure that if the phone didn't ring, you would have been able to keep your hand on top of the trap for another 2 seconds! (You can owe me a 2 second handtrap if you want, and I'll pick it up at Leicester. :D)

It's definitely a pass, and amused me to boot.

The Void

Okay, but I may refilm it anyway. :-P Yes, Jakub, there'll be another compilation after we pass #175

Okay, next...

166. [from Palm-Trapped Lighthouse > Unwind, and 2-Turn Aeroplane

So:
- Keeping the Lighthouse trapped, swap the hand positions by rotating your arms. You are now still in a Palm-Trapped Lighthouse, but it's upside down.
- Release into a 2-Turn Aeroplane

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

The Void

There is a prize of a Trojka 3 kendama for one random participant between tricks 151-175.
Currently in the draw: KenSan Jnr, The Void, the milky oolong, KenSan, s070s, Dimensions, Jakub, Ben Pycroft, fiddletriks, shalafi, John

shalafi, s070s, jakub.zahumensky , John & The Void must sit out this round.