News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Bristol meet, Sunday Sept 1st, UK

Started by The Void, 15 August, 2013, 15:51:33

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hello,

So, no competition, no pressure to perform, just a day hanging out and clicking.
Meet at Bristol Temple Meads train station, between 12:00 and 13:00.

Since there are a bunch of artisticly decorated Gromits dotted around Bristol at the moment, let's go Gromit-hunting!

http://www.gromitunleashed.org.uk

I promise we won't do as much walking as we did pre-BKO!

Who's in? Me and [user]Ash[/user] so far.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mreasyguy

I'm free that Sunday so I will be there.

Already know where a good amount of the Gromit's are due to me being in Bristol quite a bit lately.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kernow Kendama

Grrrr that's the weekend of Weztival which is where we held the Kernow Kendama comp last year. I've been meaning to post up an invite but have limited access to the Internet at the minute. We've all been very busy this last year so havn't organised a comp but ther'll be a few of us clicking there. 30/08/13-01/09/13. If interested let me know n I'll post up more info. Sorry for my lateness and rubbishness .........again :P
KEN BOOTY

The Void

Ah, shame. Oh well, let's hope both groups have a great day's clicking!

Dimensions

I might be able to come, but I have a couple of questions

you said meet between 12:00 - 13:00. Will that be the amount of time the meeting will be? Or is that the time it'll start. I should be fine if that is the starting time
How much walking will there be?
And I assume we will finish at the same place

Please answer.
Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Hi Rob,
I should have said "we will meet up between 12:00 and 13:00 at Temple Meads station, and take it from there". I imagine we will hang around for the afternoon together, until... 5, 6 or 7pm... whatever people feel like. Hope you can make it.
Cheers,
Void

Dimensions

Will you be bringing a camera, it might be cool to make a 1 or 2 minute video about it
Just an idea...
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

The Void

Okay, looks like we have a perfect destination to head towards.
pic.twitter.com/d7QLfbcshh

Rich

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply, been extremely busy lately, but this sounds perfect!

I'll hopefully be down between 12 and 1 but Void, is there any chance you could PM me your mobile in case we can't get there on time?

Bringing my little brother aswell, he's already better than me after just 3 months, so should be fun.

One slight problem though... I actually broke my left big toe last night sooo I might have a bit of trouble clicking effectively unforutunately...

But i'll give it my best shot!

See you there.

Rich

The Void

Hi Rich,
Cool!
See you tomorrow. I'll PM you in a minute.
Cheers!

The Void

That was fun! Cheers to Adam, Ash, Rich, Will, Rob (and Louise) for coming out to play.

The Void

Oh yeah, Ash, thought you might like to see these...

Ash

Haha very sneaky!!

I think I'll stick to kendama for a while, static trapeze is much more wearing on the hands!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times - Bruce Lee

P.S. Replace Kick with Trick