News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[Survey] How many times did you change the string?

Started by ray, 04 October, 2015, 22:50:22

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Hi,

I'd like to know how frequently do you change the string.

You can specify times, which trick you played, how often you play, in a normal use or in an accident?

Also you can share your experience with the different brands.

Me: 0 times, no trick, I never play because I don't have a kendama yet (soon, very soon).
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

M.Wang

Hi and welcome to the forum!!
I change my string when I feel that the string is getting really slick and it's hard to control the string when doing string tricks (handroll, swirl, etc). Some things that might cause your string to snap is when you miss a trick and the string goes taught after the tama falls. It takes a pretty long while for a kendama string to snap though. They are quite tough and it's not something to worry about.

Hope this helps ya!
M.Wang
:D
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

AlexSmith

Hardly ever, I usually just play a kendama as-is until it is destroyed. I can't think of many times I've had to change a string (KendAlex massive Alu aside).

The only exception would be the few times I've changed to a different colour of string for aesthetic reasons.

The Void

Quote from: AlexSmith on 07 October, 2015, 22:57:35
Hardly ever, I usually just play a kendama as-is until it is destroyed. I can't think of many times I've had to change a string (KendAlex massive Alu aside).

The only exception would be the few times I've changed to a different colour of string for aesthetic reasons.
Same here.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Quote from: The Void on 07 October, 2015, 23:08:29
Quote from: AlexSmith on 07 October, 2015, 22:57:35

Same here.
And same here too.