News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Today I did my first 6th Dan practice of the year. Failed, by 2 2-Turn LHs. Got everything else though, so not so bad a start.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Tsurushi

Today, after several days of hard training, I've managed to pull off my first Lighthouses. I'm not consistent yet, but I feel I'll be ready for 1st Kyu and Pre-Dan in no time at all  :).

My consistency at late Kyu tricks has also improved a lot over time, and I've even managed to do Around Europe, Around the USA and several connected Jumping sticks while practicing.

shalafi

Good work Tsurushi! The first lighthouse is always a nice milestone :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

First Lighthouses are fantastic, but it was a long time after my first that I could get Around the USA consistent!

Today I had a better practise session than yesterday where I couldn't land jack. Was messing around with a Ken-guin grip technique trying Around the World, Around Europe, etc. The Penguin Earth Turns aren't good enough yet for Around USA, but I am near to landing Penguin Earth Turn Whirlwind (I think stolen from Oase's last edit). Fun fun fun!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Today I recorded the tricks for the Irish Kendama Open.

The Void

Today I was editing the videos for the LKO tricklists.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Failed 6th Dan practice today - Cosmos & JS.
Had my first practice run for the IKO (if I'm going). #tired!

mlarinen

Being a total newb I have been practicing by doing the tricks used for gradings. With varying number of tries I can land every trick up bird over the valley - except for ONE! Only today did I manage my first hikouki! Then I put my kendama down with a huge sigh of relief... A few minutes later I picked it up again and managed yet another one! And then I put it down for the day, didn't wanna push my luck... :D

How I've managed to learn the other tricks but not that one, I will never know. All I know is I HATE it - but maybe that will change after today.

The Void

Ha, we all have our bĂȘte noirs. Well done on 2 successful aeroplane landings!

The Void

Glue day. (Log in to see attachment.)

The Void

Tonight I broke a couple of forum records. Videos tomorrow....

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 05 January, 2015, 22:32:03
Tonight I broke a couple of forum records. Videos tomorrow....
You're no longer holding too many? ;-)

shalafi

I just landed around the universe in less than 5 tries. One of these days I'll go for the-around-that-should-not-be-named

The Void

Failed my practice again today, but got other things done....

shalafi