News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink 2016 - Come and join

Started by shalafi, 18 January, 2016, 22:04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

@Dimensions there's too much pulling on the last isolation. That is the ken to tama grip change. Rejected!

the milky oolong

I'm still only half-sure I've understood this one. Peering through a nebula of my own stupidity to try to get this done:

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

@the milky oolong the first one is in the limit, the second one is actually very good, the third one is hard to judge because of the perspective, but looks good, so accepted!

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

KenSan

I will apologies in advance but this is the best Ive managed. Apart from being a mess of strings I'm guessing there is to much movement on the isolation bits. Thought Id post anyway. May give it another try tomorrow after work if I Have time. 

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

shalafi

@KenSan it is always worth posting. The grips at the end of the swirls are a bit messy as there are quite some grip changes (BTW: I think it would work better if you wrap the string a bit more far away from the ken, more at the center). That being said, the isolations are not too bad, the first one is OK, I've given other like your second an OK already and the last one is actually pretty good.

That being said, it is very much in the limit, so I'd like you to post another attempt with less messy swirl catches, but this could be an accept... ah decisions.

Ok, I'll reject it, but only because I know you'll post a better one within the time limit :)

shalafi

Gently reminder @oesterzilla and @Dimensions your current entries are rejected.

KenSan

Ok cheers @shalafi I will try and have another go tomorrow. If anything it's got me practicing swirls and understanding them a bit better.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

talincrow

I'm super unsure if I did this correctly. If so, great! If not, advice and clarification is definitely needed!

Thanks!

shalafi

@talincrow first things first, Rejected.

Now, the advice and clarifications. The tama to ken switches are supposed to be antispins + isolations. That is, you send the tama in the opposite direction of the current spin, there is no pulling in any direction, just tossing. For those, I'd expect the ken to be "roughly" in the same place in space (a.k.a. isolation) Your first one is pushing too much, the second one is more controlled, but the 3rd one is again a pull, while it should be a release, move hand and grab ken.

On top of that, the exit of the swirls are a bit messy.

For the antispins, try doing it later, tossing the tama once the ken is at the same height as the tama (string is horizontal)

I think I am going to do a tutorial of this after outlink.

jakub.zahumensky

@talincrow you also added an extra spacewalk at the end ;)

shalafi

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 01 March, 2016, 11:21:31
@talincrow you also added an extra spacewalk at the end ;)
You're right, it was definitely way too much pulling and I noticed that it was wrong, but re-watched it and it is not a half-spacewalk as I thought, it is a full spacewalk.

talincrow

Closer this time @shalafi ?