News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

- Dead Body Heli (very Halloween)
- Pixies
- And an ace looking Natty Royal (yes please).

What's not to love?

Great trick Void!

The Void

Cheers Kev.
Quote from: Kev on 31 October, 2015, 08:23:52- And an ace looking Natty Royal (yes please).
I have a few for sale, pre-release. Anyone interested, PM me.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Last night at the Monday club, @Rich and I had a couple of games of ComBones, and a good game of KEN.
Also, I recorded this:
https://twitter.com/thevoidtlmb/status/661568542974853120
^
|
|
That's a twit video, in case it's not showing as such on your platform. Click it.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

KenSan

And this although still need consistency in all areas of kendama...

Kev

Hey @KenSan , those are great. Love the base cup to aero in particular, going to try that now.

Regards the lunar flip, don't worry, spikes are overrated ;)

Oh, and today I . . . started today like this and realised all days should start this way then went on to get a rather pleasing Bird > Nod Off > Nod to Spike (as opposed to Nod On) and generally practiced developing my flow play.

The Void

Nice one guys. @KenSan , after watching that first one, I was going to say "Hey, you should try the latest Endless Combo!", but then I realised you need to wait a few more rounds to be allowed back in. (*cough* Kev *cough*)

@Kev Sounds good, but I'm not sure I can quite picture Nod To Spike from Big Cup... Hmmmm.... Maybe it really is possible.....

Kev

It really is possible! I did it!

I was a bit surprised myself as was going for the nod from big cup to bird but the positioning of the hole made it roll right on to the spike, never losing contact.

The dama in question has a relatively short spike though. Doubt it's doable on a lunar magnet.

The Void

The Void

Today, just before my hands got too cold to carry on, I got a trick I've been trying for a while now. On camera, but it's too long for IG or Twitter, and a bit dark, so I'll have to work some pixel magic on it before you can all see it.... :)

KenSan

Cheers @The Void and @Kev

Kev be careful with the two turn aero as if you throw to far away from yourself and then grab the tama you'll get the ken (yank fashion) coming towards your head pretty quick!  :o

donald grant

This morning I managed to hit infinity slinger - spacewalk - handroll - swing in.  The shortened string from the 'slinger makes all the rest happen extra fast; barely had time to enjoy it before it was on the spike :) !

the milky oolong

Today I jammed with the Berlin crew, had some great lines during KEN, was quite proud of Aero > Build LH > Lunar > Half Rover > In. Also had a race with Kentaro to land Stunt Plane > Reverse Jumping Stick (1,5 Turn) Fast Hand Stab, took us about an hour to get that one. Landed a double UFO first try on demand, and even managed a line I've been thinking of for ages: Aero > Jumping Stick  into Lunar > Lunar Flip > Half Rover > Inward Lunar Flip > In. All in all a few very nice birthday presents!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

That's some good rocking! Happy birthday, then?

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate