News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

steffibearpaw

Quote from: FilthyTown on 10 February, 2012, 13:56:56
I realize my trick vocabulary is probably not very accurate, working on learning the official trick names/combos.

The first one I learned was using ken grip and stalling the ball on the ring around the edge of the bottom cup, I also was able to hop the ball from that position a few times and stall the second more rounded ring.
The first trick in this video shows what I am trying to describe.

Yesterday however I learned them using the special grip, which so far is one of the hardest tricks I've been able to get.

Beautiful edit ... where is the place where the blue Kendamas grow? I'd like to reap one  :) :)

AlexSmith

Quote from: Dadooh on 12 February, 2012, 07:15:16
Today i landed my first lunar flip. I dreamed of this trick since i started playing kendama wondering if i could do it one day. Now it's done! Pretty good feeling :D
Congrats. That trick is a tough on to conquer!

The Void

Today I executed a Reverse Gunslinger for the first time. Certainly the ugliest, most cack-handed Rev Gunslinger ever, but I did it. It still feels like Captain Wrong of all the tricks in the kendama army though. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

steffibearpaw

Today I had a very hard Japanese lesson..... i wanted to know what the hell is the content of this "Moshikame song"  :o
This is the result of my research.... thanks a lot to Rabbit and Tortoise starring  :)
and being patient with my 100 tries of singing and pronouncing in the right way  :)  ;)  ;D

Have fun with "Usagi to kame" ... Cheers!

SamB

Quote from: steffibearpaw on 14 February, 2012, 15:37:14
Today I had a very hard Japanese lesson..... i wanted to know what the hell is the content of this "Moshikame song"
Inspired by the above I put the Japanese "もしかめ" (moshi kame) into google translate. Apparently it translates to "If the turtle"
This I never knew. Today I had a go at If the turtling up the stairs. later I'm going to see for how long I can if the turtle. Hopefully one day I will if the turtle a thousand times (or even if 1000 turtles).

If the turtle could
if the turtle for all day
would it, the turtle?

[nb]Today I... wrote my first haiku[/nb]
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Quote from: SamB on 14 February, 2012, 18:28:04If the turtle
Ha ha at all that!

Today I did BKO 2012 advanced with 8 misses. Still practising.....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

steffibearpaw

Quote from: SamB on 14 February, 2012, 18:28:04
Quote from: steffibearpaw on 14 February, 2012, 15:37:14
Today I had a very hard Japanese lesson..... i wanted to know what the hell is the content of this "Moshikame song"
Inspired by the above I put the Japanese "もしかめ" (moshi kame) into google translate. Apparently it translates to "If the turtle"
This I never knew. Today I had a go at If the turtling up the stairs. later I'm going to see for how long I can if the turtle. Hopefully one day I will if the turtle a thousand times (or even if 1000 turtles).

If the turtle could
if the turtle for all day
would it, the turtle?

And here is the translation of the song:  ;D

Hello there, Tortoise, Mr. Tortoise
There isn't anyone in the world
Who walks as slowly as you do
Why is it that you're so slow?

Mr. Hare says that
He'll have a race with you
To the base of the far away hill
Where did he run ahead to?

No matter how fast the turtle goes
I won't see him until evening at best
I'll take a little nap here
Snore, snore, snore, snore

He messed up and slept too much
Hop, hop, hop, hop
Hop, hop, hop
Mr. Hare is too late
What happened to his pride from before?

Transliterated by 殺戮天使
http://www.crimsonxsilk.wordpress.com

Translated by CoolShades

[nb]Today I... wrote my first haiku[/nb]

The Void

SamB

Quote from: The Void on 15 February, 2012, 14:49:38
Quote from: The Void on 14 February, 2012, 18:44:07Today I did BKO 2012 advanced with 8 misses. Still practising.....
50.  :-\
The moon circle is not my friend atm. Also missed 2 aeroplanes. My target is to catch you up though Void.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Quote from: SamB on 15 February, 2012, 15:06:21
Quote from: The Void on 15 February, 2012, 14:49:38
Quote from: The Void on 14 February, 2012, 18:44:07Today I did BKO 2012 advanced with 8 misses. Still practising.....
50.  :-\
The moon circle is not my friend atm. Also missed 2 aeroplanes. My target is to catch you up though Void.
I challenge you to have that down to 25 by Feb 25th (Bath Upchuck - you going?). Definitely doable with 1 or 2 daily runs.

SamB

Quote from: The Void on 15 February, 2012, 15:25:29
I challenge you to have that down to 25 by Feb 25th (Bath Upchuck - you going?). Definitely doable with 1 or 2 daily runs.
'Fraid not I have to see a man about a tortoise that day and ride a bike 100 miles the next (not my usual weekend plans). That's a good taget though so I'll keep working at it.

Adam K

. . . Managed Bird - fly over valley - return over valley - fly over valley - spike!

But I had some less glorious moments to make up for it. I was trying around the USA, and I'd just done an earthturn, but for the life of me I couldn't remember whether that was the first, second, or third earthturn, and thus had to abandon the attempt and start again. Quite humbling.

The Void

Ha, I've done a similar thing quite often.... ball flying through the air, brainfreeze! "Wait, which catch was I going for?!" ...miss! :)

Oase

Today i lost one of my kendamas...it hurts !!!!!

The Void

Lost = misplaced? stolen? or it died?  :-\
Hope you make it through the grieving process okay!

Today I glued a ken tip for the first time - it's only taken me 4 years to get around to doing it.