News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

CONSISTENCY comp #3

Started by The Void, 11 October, 2011, 15:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

So, as the new Oberleutnant of consistency, I will be posting up the new competition list on Saturday 15th at 14.00 BST. I aim to make this one last a little longer, yet simultaneously be "in sight" of a wider range of players.

Keep your eyes peeled, clickers!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

So here we go with Kendama Consistency Comp #3.

This ladder is called "Spinclicks", and as I said above, it will hopefully prove a good challenge to players of all skill levels.
The Rules:
Anyone can enter, worldwide. The first person to post a perfect run of themselves doing the ladder in this thread wins.  It's that simple.  So stay in frame for the whole ladder, no editing, no cuts, no misses, no sneakiness, just a clean run of the ten tricks in order wins!

SPINCLICKS

1. Whirlwind Big Cup
(Pull up, whirlwind[nb]See 0m05-0m16 of
http://juggling.tv/6462 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
[/nb], catch in big cup)

2. Earth Turn
(Start with a Furiken)

3. Earth Turn x 2
(Start with a Furiken. Then 360˚ ball spin back to the spike, 2 times in a row)

4. Earth Turn x 3
(Start with a Furiken. Then 360˚ ball spin back to the spike, 3 times in a row)

5.  Whirlwind Big Cup
(Pull up, whirlwind, catch in big cup)

6. Moshi Kame x 50
(Minimum speed 120 bpm. Start with a pull up to Big Cup, which counts as catch number 1.)

7. Jumping Stick
(Start with an Aeroplane. Then 360˚ the ken back into the hole.)

8. Jumping Stick x 2
(Start with an Aeroplane. Then 360˚ the ken back into the hole, twice in a row.)

9. Jumping Stick x 3
(Start with an Aeroplane. Then 360˚ the ken back into the hole, three times in a row.)

10. Gunslinger Spike (Pull-up-in)
(Start with the ball hanging, pull it up. Gunsling the ken while the ball is rising, then catch the ball on the spike)

The winner gets:
1) A piece of original kendama artwork by Donald Grant
2 & 3) This 'pendama' and this[edit]two of these[/edit] classic Coca Cola yo-yos

4) The right and honour of setting the next Kendama Consistency Challenge!

Go!!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Ah messed up on the number 9,  this will be a tricky one void! That's me for a few days attempting this, my cam was flashing low battery, went down to get the charger,and knocked coke all over my camera... will have to source one next week if this is still going, which I reckon it may be! Luckily me holiday pay comes in soon :)

shalafi

This one is INSANE.

3 eartch turns!

3 jumping stick!

oh well, I'm back to practice whirliwinds.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Peter

Nice, this gives everyone a reason to play 8 hours a day for the next weeks... Well, I was motivated to do a lot of earth turns today, and also landed severall good repetitions of jumping sticks, yet: I never caught a whirlwind. And whenever I try, I become more sure that I never will... Does anyone know where to find a tutorial about whirlwinds? I really would love to understand this trick.

BTW: "Gunslinger spike" is what?
a. Tomeken followed by Ganman, or
b. Pull up - Whirlwind - Spike???

Thanks in advance for any tip how to deal with this tricklist :-)

GbH

Quote from: Peter on 15 October, 2011, 21:42:27

BTW: "Gunslinger spike" is what?
a. Tomeken followed by Ganman, or
b. Pull up - Whirlwind - Spike???

Neither of those, I think - although (b) is along the same lines.  A Whirlwind means that the ken is thrown and spun in the air.  The Gunslinger spins too, but rotates around (and stays in contact with) your index finger.  Thus, it's pull-up - spin ken around finger - spike. 

Peter

öhm, now this becomes a discussion about tricky nuances. Are you sure? Is everyone clear about this? ... 

The Void

Guy is correct: start with your finger under the small cup, and the ball hanging. Pull up, as the ball is rising gunsling the ken 360˚ around your finger, then catch it again, and then catch the ball on the spike. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

LarsVegas

I suppose by "players of all skill levels" you mean skill level beyond 3rd Dan :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Quote from: LarsVegas on 16 October, 2011, 18:11:25
I suppose by "players of all skill levels" you mean skill level beyond 3rd Dan :)

Nah, none of the individual tricks are beyond the reach of an intermediate player. It's the repetitions and consistency that are the hard bits.

shalafi

I believe a triple earth turn and a triple jumping stick are not average players. One definitely, two maybe, but 3 is already too much
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Peter

I disagree! :-) Yes, triple Haneken does not work all the time. But Haneken does quite often, so here the consistency part starts... I like this challenge this time. I mean, I will not make it, but it is a good reason to train a little bit. BTW: Gunslinger spike will always kill me!

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 16 October, 2011, 20:16:30I believe a triple earth turn and a triple jumping stick are not average players. One definitely, two maybe, but 3 is already too much

Ah, again I have obviously failed to make myself clear, so I'm sorry.
They are NOT double spin and triple spin ETs and JSs, they are 2 or 3 single spins in a row. I'll change the descriptions to make it clearer.

Peter

Triple spin versus three in a row... nice misunderstanding :-) No, I got you right. 360˚ back to the spike / hole, and 3 times in a row is perfectly clear, Sir!

I will send in my video next year, in the summer, maybe.

Harrydh3

phew! this is tricky :P i keep failing on jumping stick twice ¬¬ and just hit my self in the face with my kendama... time for a break i think :P