News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Cant get bird over the valley

Started by axel.aas.12, 01 March, 2014, 03:03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

axel.aas.12

Help ive been trying to get 'bird over the valley' but i cant seem to get the right pop and direction to land on the other side. does anyone have tips?
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

PikWik

im not the greatest with birds, but i can get swing in birds and bird flips.

getting my first bird over valley was tough. obviously being very solid with birds is a must. then practice small birds by themselves, and once you have them both down comfortably, go for 'over the valley'.

when you have a regular bird landed push straight up on the tama and rotate the ken in a small bird grip and cushion the landing. use them knees and relax. and, if your tama has an egg shape, this will make birds nearly impossible at the beginning. so maybe try 'bird over valley' with a rounder tama.

udgfxp

When I was learning over valleys it helped to get the bird first, then tilt the kendama slightly towards you, but not so much that the tama will fall off, and then instead of pushing the tama over try and bend your knees and 'drop' the ken lower than the tama to catch it on little bird.

KrisWhyte

Quote from: udgfxp on 01 March, 2014, 22:01:32
instead of pushing the tama over try and bend your knees and 'drop' the ken lower than the tama to catch it on little bird.
yeah what he/she said! try to just pop the tama up enough that you can angle the ken towards you, don't try and throw the tama up to land on nightingale, the best way to describe it is to kind of, drop the ken.. (not literally)
- SKO 2013 Int. 1st, SKO 2013 Best Trick
-BKO 2014 Adv. 3rd, BKO 2014 2nd Best Trick

happygoat

I helped my to try to visualize where the tama hole is, and try to focus only on that when doing the big cup -> small cup flip.