News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

whirldwind without earth turns?

Started by Buttkraken, 24 March, 2015, 22:36:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttkraken

hey guys, I've recently picked up whirlwinds, mostly inward whirldwinds though. but a lot of times when i (try) do a normal whirlwind i dont get the tama to do the earth turn, but i still land the spike. just wondering, is this something people do?

the milky oolong

Hey Buttkraken,

When I saw people doing Whirlwind Earth Turns, I initially didn't spot the ET and just thought the trick went like that. Whirwinds with no Earth Turn are much more difficult in my opinion, as the ET kind of controls the tama in flight, whereas without it, I have to put a huge amount of effort into keeping the tama rising straight. It's the same with several tricks; I find it easier to flip from loaded tama grip into Lunar/Opposite Lunar than simply releasing the ken, as the flip gives some direction and momentum to an otherwise very fiddly movement.

If you're asking if's been done before, yes. If you're asking if the trick's legit, definitely so! If someone sets a Whirlwind with an Earth Turn in a game or comp, though, it stands to reason you'd have to put the ET in there too. Respect for hitting it, not an easy one at all!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

I'm with Milky. I find it easier to do the ET. (That's not to say that I don't find the whole trick really tough! ) But if you can do it without, that's ammunition for your KEN arsenal, I'd say.

Too many tricks, not enough time... :/
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!