News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I tried without the ET tonight, and it felt more doable than before. Still hard though! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

It's diabolical, I'll admit, but just try different variations on keeping the tama rising straight up, and work out a way to get the ken to flip past the horizontal. 35°C today in Berlin (hence being a shirtless wonder, apologies), but I managed to get it down on camera:

Come on, guys! You can do it!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

OHHHH! So it's a variation on Monkey's Chair, not in the standard Candle Grip? That makes it a lot easier.....

the milky oolong

Eek,  :-[ 

To be honest, I thought what made Monkey's Chair was the frontal balance on the upturned Big Cup - have seen K.Cima doing it in candle grip but didn't make the connection that this was the standard grip. My apologies, guys.

Where do we go from here? Shall I try and get it down properly on video tonight, or do we continue with the accidental variant?
Kendama Berlin

The Void

Tried again this afternoon. I'm still trying for the "proper" version. Got close, but 15 minutes was long enough trying today.

If you're happy to accept someone posting "whichever" version, then we'll leave it, I guess. We can always amend the description to match the trick if necessary. :D
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Damn guys,

Hate to have let you down. I've been trying to get this down on video all night but my nerves are shot from practising for Saturday (German Kendama Open), have had a few near-misses with this trick but it's definitely much harder than anticipated, still not impossible. Give meaning to the pop-up and keep the switch short and crisp, you should start getting there. Sorry for the messy despcription.
Kendama Berlin

BKA

You haven't let anyone down - you've set a nice challenge for people. It's not expected that you do it too.

But you haven't yet said "either version" or "my version" or "candle grip version". Let us know which version(s?) you want!

the milky oolong

If it's still my place to say, then the trick is Bird > Monkey's Chair (Candle Grip), not the variation I show in my video.
Kendama Berlin

BKA

The Void

So far, about an hour and counting....

http://juggling.tv/14166 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

kendamatty

I Had to have a go at this one, as it's my last day where I get to play & film kendama at work!

Endless combo #86 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Kev

Nice one [user]Kendamatty[/user]! Looks good to me (although you'll have to wait for [user]the milky oolong[/user] for your official EC approval).

You may remember I challenged you (and others) to do this trick at the BKO offering a pint / beverage of your choice to the first person to do it - that still holds good as far as I'm concerned so next time we meet up, it's my round  ;)

Great trick! (Can't wait until I can actually do it myself!).

the milky oolong

[user]Void[/user], I know your pain. I ran the battery completely down on my camera twice during filming for this one trick, both variations included.

[user]kendamatty[/user], bang on the mon(k)ey; you, sir, are through. Extra props for getting it down during that verbal torrent in the background - I for one can't work under such conditions!

Next?
Kendama Berlin

kendamatty

Thanks Kev that'd be lovely, I do like a cheeky beverage once in a while!
And Milky, yes the noise in the background was a disgruntles girlfriend fresh from an Exam, she caught me mid kendama session.  I can't complain too much, she did bring the camera for me to film it ;)

Ok next trick -  monkey's chair > Penguin grip candle (catching the tama on the basecup).  I had a couple of standard penguin catches out of this, so i think it is possible.  Please note that the spike must clearly leave your fingers when doing the grip change (no cheeky shuffles here!)

Good luck!

kendamatty

And for those wanting to still try it - the earth turn makes this incredibly difficult.  A straight high pop up with the bird and then let the spike fall into your hand opposed to a high throw up with the ken should do it.