News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Yesterday, for the first time in ages, I had a session of trying whatever tricks I felt like. It was nice to be released from the shackles of my exam/comp regimen. Had a bit of a crack at some of that fast throw stuff, and realised how bad I am at it. :)
Back to the grindstone today....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Getting there with the 1st Dan tricks, some of them I have them at the level of 2nd Dan, some of them not even at 1st.
Practicing Earth Turn, Falling Down and Around the Cosmos like crazy :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

got back to preparing for Poland.
did very poorly on the moshi kame, couldn't get to 300. Much more practice needed.
managed to do every trick on the EKO tricklist at least twice although not very consistent for the second half of it.

I made up for my moshi kame performance by  landing 4 new tricks : scramble 1-turn aeroplane, scramble lighthouse and scramble lunar (the ken sticks in the hooked start position if you scramble fast enough) and a back of the hand lighthouse -> lighthouse somersault -> inside of fingers lighthouse -> in
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Today I got a new STB record:

41 seconds! Woo!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

T(w)o day(s) ago I met Ruisch and Dutchkendama. Thus begins my reign of terror with a bilboquette. Seriously, these things are pretty dangerous haha

AlexSmith

Today I was certified 3rd Dan by Katsuaki Shimadera-san. So happy! Haha totally ken-nerding out! I feel very honoured, EJC has been amazing so far.

shalafi

I landed many tricks for the first time these days. Including moon landing, faster than lighthouse, hanging lighthouse, gunslinger earth turn and bird and turn in.

The Void

Todayish I hit

Horizontal Half Swirl Aeroplane
Double Gunslinger-thrown1-turnAeroplane (Thanks Donald!)
Slam Aeroplane

All with witnesses, none with video. :)

The Void

After an epic session of trying, I finally hit Spacewalk Rotor Blade. Thanks Sakai-San for your tips!
#uuchuuyuueiyamabikogaeshi

shalafi

I saw it happening. After something like 100 tries, Void did the spacewalk rotor blade.

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 03 August, 2012, 22:59:16After an epic session of trying, I finally hit Spacewalk Rotor Blade. Thanks Sakai-San for your tips!
#uuchuuyuueiyamabikogaeshi
And on Saturday, I got it twice in a row!

Meanwhile, today I.... Mostly sat on the sofa. Man, I'm tired. :)

AlexSmith

Quote from: The Void on 06 August, 2012, 20:54:07
And on Saturday, I got it twice in a row!
I can confirm this! Well done too, this trick still annoys me- I'm yet to complete it.

Today I filmed a trick with the camera sitting on a windowsill, so we couldn't really see how it was framed until after the fact. Complete the trick, take a look... Turns out my head was right at the very top of the frame. Ok... do it again. Second time only took 51 seconds to hit it! Yay! ....OK, crap, the camera was sitting at a bit of an angle this time... OK.... do it again. Third try takes maybe 7-8 minutes, but turns out great. Hoorah! Another one in the bag :p

The Void

Why.... you mean to say you don't get all your tricks first time? Don't say Video lies to us! <gasp> ;)

Looking forwards to your next output...

The Void

Today I started my 6th Dan training. Not trying to get all the x/10s, just trying to get one of each trick. 2-turn aeroplane still kills. It's going to take at least a year of training, and some luck.

And owww my knees....

AlexSmith

Quote from: The Void on 11 August, 2012, 13:28:35
Today I started my 6th Dan training. Not trying to get all the x/10s, just trying to get one of each trick. 2-turn aeroplane still kills. It's going to take at least a year of training, and some luck.

And owww my knees....
Practise 3 turn airplanes! Yea, they're damn hard, but then you'll go back to 2 turn and they'll seem just soo much easier haha.