News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Oh, I meant 2-turn Lighthouse, but I expect your advice would remain the same! :D
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

... I hit Tsurushi Tomeken (Hanging Spike) for the first time. It's good to have these nice books from the EJC for some inspiration (I'm a book-ish kind of guy).
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Nice one Lars. :-)

Today I taught a few people a few basic moves in a circus-skills workshop I was running on a high street. Same again tomorrow....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I did Speed Trick B in 2:30 still not good enough for 3rd Dan but progressing quickly :)

Oh, and 470 moshi-kames (personal record), getting there!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

I landed a UFO for the first time ever! I have been close to it a few times, another trick checked!

Polish_Matt

Today I landed a candle, balanced it on my hand then caught it again :D (Had my Kendama for a week now)

TheKendamaSensation

Today I ate a double cheesburger in 2 minutes, but I guess that doesn't apply.

I master Slip Stick Special (Ring.)

shalafi

Practicing Speed Trick B, today I landed Jumping stick and 1-turn aeroplane at the first try, one after another. BAM! All the ladder again around 3 minutes.

On the dark side, Around Europe is the least consistent trick on the ladder for me ATM.

It kind of explains why I failed my 1st Dan on "Around the Cosmos". The worst part is that I do like that sort of trick a lot, but I still suck at them

shalafi

Speed Trick B in 2:35. Getting there. I believe this has been my best run so far.

Adam K

I've recently managed a few big ones
I've finally landed on the moon! At least once per practice session for the past five or so sessions, and twice to spike!
Around the USA with sideways earth turns (this one took a looong time)
Suicide - handroll - bird - in
Also, on a note to my stupidity, I FINALLY figured out that the proper way to swing to airplane (and lunar and whatever else) is by releasing the ken with a clockwise twist as opposed to a counter-clockwise twist. Everything feels so much better now!

Kernow Kendama

So today I became the proud new owner of a Walnut sunrise with 3 pink stripes tama. Very nice looking, even the Mrs liked it:-) A few quick clicks before work revealed a higher and cleaner click sound. Look forward to playing it some more. Cheers n Gone
KEN BOOTY

The Void

Quote from: Adam K on 26 September, 2012, 23:23:33Also, on a note to my stupidity, I FINALLY figured out that the proper way to swing to airplane (and lunar and whatever else) is by releasing the ken with a clockwise twist as opposed to a counter-clockwise twist. Everything feels so much better now!
Anticlockwise for a small-cup Stilt though (Which is easier than big cup stilt).

Sounds nice Tim!

primechicken

I'm not sure what this trick is exactly called, but one of you guys will be able to name it for me for sure;
Today I landed a whirlwind-(spike?) I don't know if its called something different, but the ball is spiked instead of cupped after the ken flip.
Ya'll know what im talking about!
not the most technical trick, but I've only been playing dama for a few months so I was pretty stoked when I hit it.

The Void

Yeah, that'll be a Whirlwind Spike. Nice one!

Bad Wolf

If I do a "downspike," and do an earthspin afterwards, is it called a "downspike-earthspin" ?

Anyhow, today I landed Around the USA.  All sara grip and downspikes.

Also, Void, after watching your tutorial on the Half-Swirl Aero, I actually landed the trick a few days ago.  I'm now experimenting with a few variations of my own.  Very stoked on the results so far!