News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorny

Quote from: The Void on 08 May, 2012, 18:04:53
Nice work, Thorny. I remember just trying to get the spin right on that one, and getting nowhere! Flukey catch? (Not to sound mean, but it's got to be hard to time that right!)

It took me a while to figure out how to spin it... turns out you just make it kinda flat, tilting it a little past horizontal (upwards) can help too... but yeah, it wasn't even a fluke. I tried a whole bunch of times and got a couple of near misses, then I finally landed it and it felt spectacular hahaha. Haven't done it again since, either but oh well, ey!

Also, 12 minutes? Good going man, that's rather impressive!

ChrisD

During a quick screen-break this afternoon, I tried Bird for the first time ever, and landed it first time.  Needless to say I didn't manage it again in the subsequent 20 or so tries before I got back to work.  I should have quit while I still had my 100% record!

Chris

Kernow Kendama

Today I....... landed Scoop Spike and The Half Swirl Aeroplane (cheers void)
Not bad for a slightly hazy sunday morning  ;)
KEN BOOTY

AlexSmith

Today I strung up a new prototype tama. So far so good! ...well, actually, its really good, can't wait to release em!

LarsVegas

... played Kendama on a beach near Pula, Croatia. Only hard rocks, great for diving, cliff jumping and not getting sandy all over. But not so good for droping a Kendama.
Oh ... I played here yesterday and the day before yesterday too :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

I finally made the Bird fly from big cup to small cup. Although I started from bird position, but that means I can do each part of "Bird Fly over the Valley" I just need now to make them together.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

And today I did 3 birds in a row.

The Void

Nice one. Today I didn't find time to click. Argh, life.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Chadman

Today I did 180 airplane + jumping stick and dirty bird to spike.
Laxdama

AlexSmith

Quote from: The Void on 13 June, 2012, 21:32:01
Nice one. Today I didn't find time to click. Argh, life.
This has been me the last 2-3 days as well, I don't know if its better or worse that my job has to do with kendama though. Surrounded by kendamas... but not playing them. Humm

Kernow Kendama

It's been a long ole mission but today I............. Landed on the Moon :)
KEN BOOTY

BKA

You never forget your first Moon Landing. :)

AlexSmith

First landing is a serious dama milestone, congrats. I still remember mine. Missed the in to finish it off proper though haha.

Today I played no kendama, which is a good thing. Spent 16 hours in a car driving home from Wenatchee, and my legs/back needed the break. We had a few days straight of dama and filming for 8+ hours a day, so much fun. I love playing with new people, learned so many neat new tricks

shalafi

Yes! I did Bird Fly Over the Valley for the first time ever! Just to say that together with Moon Landing they always looked impossible milestones, and Moon Landing still is.

But, BFOtV has always been my favorite trick, so I am very happy!

The Void

Nice one Raul!

Today I failed 4th Dan practice on both Moshi Kame and STB. :( #pressure
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!