News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Cardiff meet-up, Sat 15th Sep

Started by The Void, 10 September, 2012, 14:04:21

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

EDIT: Okay, it's on.
Meet 2pm-2.30pm outside Cardiff Central Station.
My phone number is on my site, if anyone wants to contact me during the day.

Hey guys

(Aiming this at pascoe, Ash and mreasyguy, but anyone else too)

This is pretty short notice, but I find myself at a loose end on Saturday, and wondered if anyone would be up for a meet in Cardiff on Saturday? Hang out, click, swap tricks and generally mess about with kendamas.

So, if 2 of you say yes, I'm in. Whaddya reckon?

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mreasyguy

Yeah I'm down, got the day off work booked and it would be nice to meet other clickers.

Adam

The Void

Ash wrote:
QuoteSadly I'm working from 11 till 6.30 but if it is later than that then I am in!

So, that's 1.5 yesses.... Anyone else?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mreasyguy

You do mean this Saturday yes? Not October as the title suggests? Just clarifying lol

The Void

Oops! Yes, this Saturday. I'll change the titles...

The Void

Hey mreasyguy,

So it looks like you're the only one who's up for a meet in the daytime. (Got any clicker friends?!) How about if we plan to meet at, say 2pm, then hang out for the afternoon, and if you're still free later, meet up with Ash in the early evening for a couple of hours?

How's that sound? I need a total "definitely" from you though, 'cos I don't want to come to Cardiff for nothing!

mreasyguy

That's fine man! i have got clicker friends but they all work with me (we usually 'dama battle every Saturday when there is no customers about) so as im off this Saturday they will both be working unfortunately. I'll be free all day anyway so im down for anything!

So yeah Definitely from me dude!

The Void

Okay, it's on.
Meet 2pm-2.30pm outside Cardiff Central Station.
My phone number is on my site, if anyone wants to contact me during the day.

Ash, give me a ring about where we can meet you, if you're up for catching up with us in the evening.

mreasyguy

ill see you then man. should be a good day.

Ash

Ill ring you when I finish work tomorrow then Void!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times - Bruce Lee

P.S. Replace Kick with Trick

mreasyguy

Had an awesome day clicking today. Learnt a few new tricks and got my butt handed to me in some kendama battles! And there should be a video online soon for TheKendamaSensation. believe it or not but The void landed it pretty much first go as the camera came out!
He even managed to earn some money by the end of the night, lol.

All in all a great day. was very nice spending time with you void. i will admit my legs are now aching. Was nice to meet you too ash!
Oh and thanks for the book too man, will be using some of these when our next battle turns up.

The Void

It was cool to meet you two today. Kudos to Ash for coming out to meet us for what turned out to be just an hour and a half of clicking at the end of the night! Hopefully I'll catch up with you both again if/when you decide/manage to get to the SRC.

Late evening clicking: I just missed a fig-8 aeroplane, when a "merry" guy wanders past and says "I bet you can't do that again!". I said, "Well, since I missed, I'm pretty sure I can", and did. He then said, "Okay, I'll give you a pound if you do it now". So I did, and respect to him, 'cos he paid up! :)

Hit a few first-time tricks today: Lighthouse double somersault, 1-turn lunar.... even if they were on a performer.

Nice day... but my legs are leaden now! :o

[comes back to computer... finds typed out reply waiting for me to press "post"...]

Ash

Thanks guys for a great 2 hours of clicking!!! Although I didn't manage to land much still had fun! Congrats to Void on his amazing £1 win!!! .. Just wondering if my new Kendama can be BKA approved  ;)!!!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times - Bruce Lee

P.S. Replace Kick with Trick

BKA

Send it in, and we'll give it to the cat for testing! ;)