News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

emagdnim

trying to land this one..

swing spike turn slip grip turn in turn cliffhanger turn in.
Got it a couple of times, but still not concistant.
When I get it better I am going to try to add birds instead of in's,

hope it make some sence..

BenPycroft24

Today I had a half hour filming session before work. Got a couple clips and a few missed combos. Tried some new stuff out as well. Just gotta trim
The clips that I can use now.

The Void

Quote from: emagdnim on 01 November, 2014, 17:29:42

I think a bit of punctuation helps make it clear:
swing spike> turn to slip grip> turn in> turn to cliffhanger> turn in.
If that's what you meant.... Niiiiice!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

landed my very first  swing-in to bird -> spike. Incredible, it just felt great. ... Given that I only wanted to do a simple swing-in and missed the spike :)
Of course, I couldn't repeat that anymore.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Quote from: LarsVegas on 04 November, 2014, 20:47:23
landed my very first  swing-in to bird -> spike. Incredible, it just felt great. ... Given that I only wanted to do a simple swing-in and missed the spike :)
Nice one!
QuoteOf course, I couldn't repeat that anymore.
No no no no no. Please immediately say exactly the opposite of this to yourself!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BenPycroft24

Sometimes I find swing in birds easier than pull up birds. Not sure why. I think it's because I can see the hole coming around so I know where to catch. Keep practicing it though.
I don't like this negativity haha!

The Void

Today I filmed a quick trick for http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2105.msg16962.html and passed my 6th Dan practice. (1/4 November). About 6 months ago, I stopped each trick after I passed it, not having all 10 attempts per trick unless I needed them. A few days ago though, I decided I need to train my 2-T LH harder, so went back to doing all 10, even if I passed earlier.

...and today I got 8/10 of them! That's my record by 2. Coo. Quite pleased about that!

emagdnim

Quote from: The Void on 04 November, 2014, 16:33:04
Quote from: emagdnim on 01 November, 2014, 17:29:42

I think a bit of punctuation helps make it clear:
swing spike> turn to slip grip> turn in> turn to cliffhanger> turn in.
If that's what you meant.... Niiiiice!

Yes it is!!
Give me a week or two and I have it, on my way on getting this one!

M.Wang

I just did big cup->ken flip->turn table into sara grip->spike! I also did
Bat->candle->regular base cup in sara grip->little cup->spike! I guess today is combo day.
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

BenPycroft24

Today I landed my first double juggle. Also practiced the intermediate speed ladder division. Completed it in around 45 seconds. Plenty of time to practice though :)

The Void

Well done guys.

Dark skies and rain meant indoor practice for me. Not so good.
Did some event planning stuff too, though.

BenPycroft24

Today I landed my first lunar on the new krom deluxe :) (not my first lunar in my kendama career though) it's starting to break in slowly after today's little jam.

shalafi

I was playing around doing some freestyle pinching the string and doing swings back and forth also some half swirls when I realized of a trick I've seen mostly to Eji and I was able to get it out.

It looks like diabolo suns (internal and external) but you do them with the string entangled around the index finger. You have to do them in pairs, but you can do them any of the 2 directions.

IT is not a hard trick, but I think it is quite appealing visually. Does the trick have a name? Is it worth making a tutorial of it?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BenPycroft24

I'd love to see a tutorial on what you mean. I can't picture the trick as I have no idea on diabolo tricks @shalafi

shalafi

Picture the entry to a half swirl, then instead of releasing the ken, let the ball do another turn on the inside (between your arm and your body)

You hold the ken in one hand, the other hand index finger gets the string in the middle and then the tama does 2 small turn, one on the outside and one on the inside.

Not sure if I explained myself this time.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.