News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Quote from: Cliffdama on 07 November, 2013, 19:16:25
Just watched the video, i'm doing it a bit different , i keep my fingers  on top of the ken and my thumb under. Is that allowed?
Wait, you mean on the tama, right?
Quote from: Cliffdama on 07 November, 2013, 22:22:45
Ok one more thing to know, i just wachted the video and i still do something a bit different, i start with an almost horizontal postion of the ken instead of trowing it up from vertical position... Still allowed? I'm almost back home and give it a try again. I know i can land this!
Well, it's a bit late now, but no, the quarter-turn of the ken from vertical to horizontal should be in the lift, like [user]mreasyguy[/user] did it.
Quote from: mreasyguy on 08 November, 2013, 00:03:44next trick is: Inverted reverse jumping stick (correct name?)

So your holding the tama, bring the ken and tama up vertically and flick forward with the tama to make a reverse jumping stick, catch like a stunt plane.

If you can film this from a side on view just so it's easier to judge!
Maybe "Backhand 1-Turn Scoop Spike"?
But what about the grip? From where you finish a UFO, surely you have to swivel the ball in the hand to get into the right grip?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

The Void

Hmm, actually, I think you can get into position without changing the grip[nb]It depends on exactly what grip you had on the tama when you did the UFO[/nb]. Here's what I think he means:
[noembed]http://juggling.tv/13582?pin=5555[/noembed]

If I'm right, please do the grip position change in your videos (i.e. start from "finished UFO"), otherwise it'll look like a weird edit in the compilation .
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mreasyguy

When I tried it you could do it from a ufo grip, I use the same tama grip to do this trick so no swiveling required.
You just have to raise your hand from the 90 to vertical to the right slightly and then snap the tama away from you once it's vertical to start the ken spinning. If it's done in one fluid movement it does work  :)

shalafi

Respect for both, Void and mreasyguy for the frame by frame analysis of the trick... and for the 2nd version.

Seriously impressed, good work guys!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

I just watched the second one frame by frame too....

... good job, sir! Nice horizontal spin as well. :)

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

mreasyguy

A little different to how I imagined but that's because I would do it without a grip shift/change.
But on that note the trick looks correct to how the Void explained it so I will accept it.  :)

Next trick?

Dimensions

I uploaded a higher quality version
Endless combo #49 - quality - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

But next trick: Backhand Tama Grip > Fast Hand Flying Top

(From backhand tama grip, throw the ball, with spin, so it leaves the ken. Catch the Ken then spike it!)
After you have completed the trick PLEASE smile then walk off screen. As this will be the last trick in the compilation video, we want it to look like it has actually ended.

if you require a video just ask

BKA

Nice.
[user]emagdnim[/user], [user]shalafi[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user] and [user]Dimensions[/user] sit this round out.

Kendama+cliniK

Let me know what you think!?!?!

Woot! This thread has had my attention for a long time. I'd hate to see it end.....
Kendama+cliniK

Dimensions

Sorry - it's going to have to be a no
It wasn't very clear to see your starting position and you didn't hold it down long enough for me to tell :'(. But the rest was good!
Have another go!

Also this isn't the end - it lasts forever (hence the name)

Kendama+cliniK

Okay. I'll see if I can get a fresh one here in a bit since the sun is shining.

Sorry I mistook your last post @Dimensions. When you said the last video in the compilation, I thought you were putting an end to it.

I'm pumped it's not over.
Kendama+cliniK

Cliffdama

Do the ken have to turn as well or only the tama?

Cliffdama

i hope this is it :). step 50. sorry about the quality still trying to get it better...

Hope it works...