News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

LarsVegas

... really sucked ...
I currently have a practice session where I do all the BKO intermediate tricks 10 times. I'm already up to about 66% success and I'm almost constantly improving. But today I was below 50%. I guess sometimes, you have setbacks. And I'm not yet really down with the time. I'm still quite above 1 minute. Does anybody know what a good target time would be?
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Your best target time will be a run with no misses. Keep working on your accuracy before you worry about speed.

Yesterday I spent about half an hour trying to land one of Donald's tricks from Click. Got it in the end....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

emagdnim

Practicing big cub juggle, It took some time but I landed it.
I am really bad at it, but find it fun to do. I can land it 1/30 right now.

Wanna progress that I land it 1/10 before the end of the month.

shalafi

Happy with my new everyday kendama! I am finally getting consistent on Bird Fly Over the Vally... oh, tha magic of a freshly open kendama.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Well done guys. Today I started my new regime of not having a coffee until after I've done my daily Dan practice. Failed anyway, on 4 tricks, by 1 attempt each. *sigh*
But @TheYarnold says "never give up", and it worked for her.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I should get back to my Dan practice, I lately only try the STB...

OTOH, I did got a new phone and all my tracking of tricks of KendamApp is now reset.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Today I did this to my new Mugen.

Fantastic! Now I don't have to worry about getting my first scratch anymore. :/

Cliffdama

After trying for 2hours i did it!

Big bird ->kenflip ->tama juggle -> spike

Now trying to get it on video. And to small bird. How would tha be called?

Edit: wow i just did a other cool trick i call it frying ufo!

Frying pan -> horizontal kenflip (as in ufo) -> catch the ken with tama still in frying pan position.

BKA

The second one is a lot like Helicopter, but with the tama on the other side of the sara-do.

The Void

Today I did a few little BKA things. But two days gone by with no kendama play at all. Shame on me. I blame the headcold and the insomnia-induced low energy. Back on it tomorrow. And so to bed.

axel.aas.12

Juat wanted to say 1000th reply on this thread!

EDIT: I had fun with earthturn tricks :)
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

BKA

Quote from: axel.aas.12 on 25 February, 2014, 02:07:17Juat wanted to say 1000th reply on this thread!
Ha! But come on, at least edit in something kendama-y you did today too! :)

The Void

A couple of runs at 6th Dan today. Both into brick walls, with Birds sitting on them. :-/ Also played a little for fun, plus shot the 3rd Outlink vid for BKA. Coming soon.

The Void

So, that was February then.
29 runs at a 6th Dan practice exam, and 2 passes. My 2-Turn Lighthouse is getting there, finally, but Bird/Valley have just got the hex over me. I think it has now become psychological. I've got a month to kickstart my technique or my mind, or there's no hope in Japan. Oh well, at least I won't have any nasty surprise about how bloody hard it is.....

Dimensions

Yesterday I tried out speed trick K for the first time
My first run I got up to 12
The second run, I got up to 12
The third run, I got up to 12

That fast hand falling down is horrible!

I later went t try the rest of it, I did all the tricks up to that 3-turn aeroplane. I spent 10 minutes on it then gave up

For those of you who don't know speed trick K
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,791.msg5618.html#msg5618

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6