News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliffdama

Since last time i posted here i made some huge steps. Before i was thinking i could never see the turns in 2turn or more moves... But... Practice practice practie! I learned:

Swing in 2turn aeroplane
Swing in 2turn lighthouse
Swing in 1turn lunar.
Swing in whirlwind bigbird.
Reverse 1turn jumping stick
Pull up stilt (insta tap) to lighouse.
2turn falling down!

None of these go perfect but i start to land them.

Best combo yet:
Swing in 2turn lighthouse -> double lighthouse flip -> 2turn falling down.

From tomorrow i'm one year in kendama and still/even more addicted!

BKA

Happy anniversary! Those are some nice tricks to celebrate with. :)

kendamamaster

Today I practiced
The Master sends his regards

kendamamaster

Today I performed a double space walk to 1 turn lunar flip lunar (spike)
The Master sends his regards

johndmc

Today i had bit of practice with my new Sunrise, it came with Voids book as well. Looking forward to using it more. I also landed my first 'Faster than Gravity' :)
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Cliffdama

Is it also your first kendama? The felling was magical when i got my first last year!

johndmc

Quote from: Cliffdama on 22 January, 2014, 14:44:06
Is it also your first kendama? The felling was magical when i got my first last year!

Not my first I have a cheap one I bought in a shop called Tiger. The paint is SO different it makes balance practice much more manageable.

The Void

The last few days have seen my kendama practice undermined by gloomy weather/light, poor sleep, and strong coffee. I'm beginning to think this 6th Dan thing is the hardest thing I've ever (not) done (yet). I'm running out of January to get a pass in...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Well all I can say is that usually after a rough patch with anything a good patch follows. To reverse an idiom, maybe this is the 'storm before the calm'?

the milky oolong

Know just what you mean, Kev. The wave is in the first phase of ascension in my case right now, so better make the most of it.

Today I started to find a way to go from Aeroplane > Opposite Lunar, by means of a forward Jumping Stick movement. Working out the rotation, I found that Jumping Sticks in the other direction are miles easier when not trying to 'high-lob' the ken (as in Tomahawk), but more to say pulling the tama out from under the spike to get the rotation. Not got the Opposite Lunar catch smooth yet, but it's getting there.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

br4d24

Heres a couple tricks I recent got that i havent landed before! Especially stoked on my first EVER double lighthouse flip, especially since it was in a deece combo  :D

LarsVegas

... landed my first bird and in (correct? from bird to spike)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Nice going guys! @Lars, Bird And In, yes, cool!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

johndmc

i landed my first lighthouse and held for 3 secs, seriously made up with this. my beginners trick ladder is making good progress :)

Kev