News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama combos

Started by Coach_Styles, 06 November, 2013, 17:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach_Styles

Hello everyone,

The other day I combined a premium white Oozora and a Quad Split Krom Deluxe. I'm absolutely loving the results. Pairing the walnut/maple tama with the Oozora ken has been perfect. I get the benefits of a wooden tama with a bit extra weight. (which i love!) The premium white tama with the Krom ken looks and plays wonderfully.

I was just hoping you guys could share some of your favorite combinations of ken and tama from various companies.

Thanks!

Dimensions

The other day I combined my oozora ken with the female half of my terra pill
Birds were a real laugh, but slip on stick was by far my favourite trick with that combo!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

I'm trying to think if I've ever made a combo set-up. I don't think I have. Happy to play stock kendamas, I guess. So my favourite setup is Mugen Tama on Mugen Ken. ;)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

I'm not a big fan of the combo kendamas, like Void I'm a fan of the stock. But I have made a two-tama sunrise once. It was so hard, so I give up pretty fast. I did manage to do some hydra-stuff with it, which I thought was pretty cool but nowhere near consistent.
Since I needed a new dama at the time, I took the extra tama off and totally wrecked that sunrise. I have a white tama left over now... Maybe I'll try something with it...
Kendama Belgium!

Coach_Styles

Don't get me wrong, nothing beats a stock kendama. I just think it's interesting to try different combinations. You might be surprised by the results.

This might have to do with the fact that I have a smaller collection. (about 15 kendamas total) Using various kens with various tamas allows my collection to feel much larger.

mreasyguy

I'm the same as most, I like the stock kendama how it was purchased.

The only combo I have is a grip kendama with a light blue Mugen Tama on, but that's because I wanted to play with the tama and thought an ozoora gripped ken was the best fitting choice.