News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Sqveel

thought I'd try a new trick today, randomly picked jumping stick out the book cos it looked "cool and impossible." clicked into the aeroplane first time, which is not usual for me, and then managed to jump the ken round and spike it again first time!! felt sooo awesome, like the gunslinger. A tricky yet simple and smooth looking trick :)

Paul_S

nice Sqveel, J-sticks might have been the trick that made me pick up dama in the first place, still my fave.
on topic today something clicked I guess and I got a whole load of downspike/stabby earth turns!

the milky oolong

Today I...

or better said Tonight I... had a practise round at Flying Colors juggling shop in Berlin, landed some new stuff, tried out loads of new 'Ken-guin' stuff like penguin Kengrip half-Reverse Whirlwind Earth Turn (as with juggling terminology, easier done than said), Swing to Candle > Insta-Stab, and got underway with a two-hour long Barrel Roll race with a too light and too slippy Ozora: by the end of the session I was landing Lunars whose margin of correction couldn't be measured with a micrometer (of course, only felt that way). Landed a few Barrels which then pathetically skidded out after two seconds of pure stillness. Anyway, just feeling the Kendamalove this evening (morning already, damn). Hope you are all having plenty of fun too.

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Yay, Sqveel and Paul!
Quote from: the milky oolong on 08 January, 2015, 02:19:10penguin Kengrip half-Reverse Whirlwind Earth Turn
Coo! I want to see that. (Looks good in my mind!)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Good to hear that things are still clicking away in Flying Colours; say hi from me next time you're there:) !

The Void

Today I was too busy to do any kendama. Got stuff done. And this evening I packed my kendamas for tomorrow, when I'll be being filmed for a rap video.

Yes, really.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Tsurushi

Today, I managed to land Bird fly over the valley once. I'm still miles away from any sort of consistency, but it felt very rewarding (also, it's been such a good consistency training for Birds; I managed to land about 6/10 in several series right after that).

shalafi

Today I contacted the people at the Japan Festival in Dublin and offered them a Kendama workshop.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Failed my 6th Dan practice. Need to get a lot more regular again with the practices after the new year break.

Tsurushi

Today, I've managed to land both Suberidome Gokui and Clifftop several times. Secret grip stalls like those are quite tricky, but, nonetheless, satisfying :)

The Void

Today I failed 6th Dan again, but I think it was my best effort of the month so far. Last 2 tricks missed by 1 each. I also saw [user]Sonicpearse[/user] having a heroic effort at the latest Endless Combo trick, and [user]Paul_S[/user] training for LKO.

The Void

Killed by 6th Dan again today. I blame the storm that killed all the natural light half way through. #excuses

Kev

Quote from: The Void on 13 January, 2015, 13:49:58
Killed by 6th Dan again today. I blame the storm that killed all the natural light half way through. #excuses

Yeah, we can all pass 6th Dan when it's sunny!

mlarinen

Today I mourn the loss of my favourite espresso cup, after a tama went rogue :/

shalafi

Had a great day jamming at Trinity Juggling Society. Met with another player, and sparked some interest about the IKO.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.