News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

emagdnim

Quote from: BKA on 02 November, 2013, 15:21:44
That's a good day's work! :)

Had a great day tho.   ;)
entered the  Video Challenge: Endless Combo  with lighthouse jump to. Fun trick to do, never done it before.

HansNickmans

Had a good dama-filled weekend. Lots of games of ken.
Not being that good at the tama tricks, I managed to do (in about 2 hours):
- Lunar to in
- Stilt (no string hang) to in
- Axe to in
It was a good day...
Also my play kendama is breaking in very nicely, it becomes better and better!
Kendama Belgium!

Kev

Nice one Hans, sounds fun.

Today I had a solid hour to practice Stilts for the first time. Still yet to land it properly but plenty of 'Stilt Stalls' (AKA sub-3 second balances) - so looking promising.

Weirdly my hit rate of 'almosts' is much higher than with lunars. Anyone else find this?

Cliffdama

Lighthouse on indexfinger - one turn to lighthouse on tama - to spike.

So greatthat you get a bit better everydau :D

HansNickmans

@Kev: I noticed that the sub-3-second catches are a result of both askew ken position and a hard landing. So try to throw/catch it as straight as possible and catch as soft as possible.
Not that I'm an expert, but maybe it helps.

That difference with lunars is the same with me, I have no why. Although I do notice that a stilt more or less 'clicks' into place, where a lunar has to be caught in the right position at the right time.
Kendama Belgium!

Kev

Thanks Hans. That does help.

Been doing quite well again today. Technique is sharpening up so it seems (as usual) it's now down to our old friend - practice. ;)

emagdnim

I Challenged myself to land pre-dan today. And got it. ;D

The Void

Yeah, Kev, I think I get more Almosts with Stilts too. I think because once it's in position, it's a more stable balance. Well done emagdnim! I hit my personal grade target today too. Practice-passed 6th Dan. That's once a month for 4 months in a row for me now. Time to work harder....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

emagdnim

thank you void! Congrats landing 6th dan.
hope to get that good some time

The Void

You can do it! You know you can do Pre-Dan now, so now you can start practising for 1st Dan. One step at a time will get you there!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Just landed swing in no turn lighthouse (very fun trick) swing the ken and insted of pulling to you just pull it up to get it straight again.

And swing in inward inverse one turn lighthouse :D. Same as above only pull it away from you to let the ken turn into a inverse turn lighthouse!

Now i have to go to wrk :(.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 05 November, 2013, 22:53:58
I hit my personal grade target today too. Practice-passed 6th Dan. That's once a month for 4 months in a row for me now. Time to work harder....
Not enough but very impressive. I have to get back to my 3rd dan practice, I want to jump 3 dans in a row :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dimensions

Today[nb]Fine yesterday![/nb] I juggled £1500 (in bags of course!)
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

happygoat

Today I self-certified myself as 1st Dan...all these Dan gradings is for me about Moshi Kame...it's soooo boring to practise!!

...and landed a good number of swing-in small bird...