News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

Yes!

OK so EC 100 is a cause for celebration, the trick is a tricky one to round out the combo:

Sara grip whirlwind earth turn[Mod edit: Nope: see below!]

BUT

Your video has to be a party!

Any kind of party you like! Maybe with decorations, balloons, streamers, cake, maybe a dance party, a pizza party, a fancy dress party, a fancy dinner party, birthday, wedding, bar mitzvah, one man super party (a personal favourite), kendama party, a rave in cave with Dave, any kind of party you like but there has to be a party for EC100!

If your video is some boring 6 seconds in a common room with a boring whiteboard in the background while you microwave soup I'm not going to accept it.

UNLESS

This is your first trick in the endless combo, then that is enough cause for celebration.
In which case I'll accept a sara grip earth turn anywhere!

Make sense?
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

Same as number 77. Please choose another trick!

SamB

Whoops I missed that one. So...

REVERSE sara grip whirlwind
(earth turn is optional)

So from the player's perspective the ken would be thrown, the ball leaves the spike, the ken spins anti-clockwise then caught in sara grip again and the ball is spiked. It doesn't matter if the ball spins or not.

It still has to be a party, unless you are new to the combo!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

DamaLife24

I want to go to a rave in a cave with Dave...
Bryan Burnett

BKA

So it's the whirlwind that is "reverse"?
Could you do a quick IG demo please, just to avoid confusion.

Dimensions

I dont think that Sam's set has been done before. EC 77 was in to Ken Grip. I think Sam wants it back to Sara Grip?
Also nice twist Sam!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

SamB

To clarify the trick I want you to do is like this (as described from a right handed player's perspective):

Whilst having a party
Start with a loaded ken in sara grip
Move your hand in an anticlockwise rotation so your little finger is moving upwards and thumb downwards
This means the spike with the tama on it is now pointing the floor
Flick the tama off for an anticlockwise spinning earth turn (optional but I think easier)
Throw the ken so it rotates anticlockwise, base cup moving up and to the left
Allow the ken to rotate in the air 270-360 degrees
Catch the ken in sara grip
Spike the tama
Continue to party

This is different to EC77 because the rotation is in the opposite direction, the catch is in sara grip rather than ken grip and there is a party going on.

BKA

He he. Okay, gotcha.

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user], [user]shalafi[/user], [user]donald grant[/user] & [user]Sonicpearse[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100.

Next trick is:
100. [from Sara grip] > Reverse Whirlwind (& optional Earth Turn)
-Whilst having a party
-Start with a loaded ken in sara grip
-Move your hand in an anticlockwise rotation so your little finger is moving upwards and thumb downwards
-This means the spike with the tama on it is now pointing the floor
-Flick the tama off for an anticlockwise spinning earth turn (optional but I think easier)
-Throw the ken so it rotates anticlockwise, base cup moving up and to the left
-Allow the ken to rotate in the air 270-360 degrees
-Catch the ken in sara grip
-Spike the tama
-Continue to party

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]The Void[/user], [user]donald grant[/user], [user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]shalafi[/user] & [user]SamB[/user] must sit out round 100.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

I bet this one is going to be for Dimensions, given that the most active players are on the "waiting list"

Sqveel

I keep checking back here to see if there's anything achievable for me, alas, still no.

Which is a shame, cos i may or may not have a flying squirrel costume, so if i did have the skills i could pull off a one-woman-fancy-dress-party vid :P

shalafi

Quote from: Sqveel on 15 August, 2014, 15:59:08
i may or may not have a flying squirrel costume
I bet you do :)

OTOH, I try to set tricks that are not too difficult, but most of the reasonably easy ones have been already done.

Cliffdama

So does this meen you spike the tama from the side. Or just the 270 so it's pointing a bit upwards?
One more thing i'm a lefty so for me it would be a clockwise whirwind (to make it reverse. Spike oes down, base goes up) ?  Never done something bizar like this  and think i'm never able to land it ^^.

the milky oolong

Quote from: Sqveel on 15 August, 2014, 15:59:08
I keep checking back here to see if there's anything achievable for me, alas, still no.

Which is a shame, cos i may or may not have a flying squirrel costume, so if i did have the skills i could pull off a one-woman-fancy-dress-party vid :P

Keep trying. Post a video of your best near-misses, flying squirrel costume or not. The Endless Combo is for all forum members, there just has to be a certain level of challenge in order to make things interesting. And remember, I think most of the regular posters would admit that their first landing of an Endless Combo trick happened while just trying to work it out, which is pretty much like the illogical statement 'I can't do that trick; let's film me doing that trick.'  So, get involved! :P
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA