News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

UK based online shop, stocking major brands

Started by KrisWhyte, 17 August, 2015, 02:51:00

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisWhyte

Hey guys, ive been thinking about this for quite some time now, thought i would ask your advice/thoughts.

I want to start an online shop based in the UK that will stock most of the major brands out there (sweets, ken co, kendama usa, KROM, etc) since i cant seem to find any site in the UK that does!, too often have i ordered from the US and been punched in the face with a hefty customs fee ( im sure i had to pay about 25 quid customs fee for just one kendama!) and not to mention larger shipping fee's + waiting upto 3 weeks..

i would also like to try and stock such products as soon as possible after release.

I'd like to see how many people here in the UK would be interested in such a shop. once i get a fair amount of interest, i'll try and contact companies for wholesale inquiries etc..

what do you think?

P.S... totally bummed im missing out on the EKO, looks amazing. There's always next time!
- SKO 2013 Int. 1st, SKO 2013 Best Trick
-BKO 2014 Adv. 3rd, BKO 2014 2nd Best Trick

Oblivion

This is a great idea i wish we had a shop in the UK that has all the major brands so i dont have to pay shipping costs etc ive had a look online too for a shop and i cant find one i have only had my first Kendama 4 days ago and i already want a new one but im scared im going to get charged for shipping and customs ;( considering i dont have a big budget i would like to know how much i would get charged for getting here before it happens which is stupid because they dont tell you till its here! im trying to get into Kendama now as it keeps me focused one something different which i love and im being challenged with learning new things!!! bring Kendama to the UK 

Chunky Nutwhip

This is something I've been pondering on for a while.  I think it's worth a shot for sure.  I emailed Kendama USA to see if their were any UK resellers because if I ordered a Padauk Kaizen it would cost me double the US list price after shipping ETC.  To be fair, they were very accommodating and gave me a little discount as a gesture of goodwill.  They were keen to hear if I knew anywhere in the UK that would be interested in stocking their kendamas.  I think it could be a good time to arrange exclusivity deals for a new outlet.  If you get in touch address your email to Joanna, she is the Wholesale Account Manager.

Doubt you'll be stocking Ken Co anytime soon though, they are just packing in.  I'm dreading seeing the customs charges applied to my hefty liquidation sale order, it's gonna be shocking.  The package is being held by customs in Coventry as we speak!

KenSan

@Oblivion

@Chunky Nutwhip

It would be great if there was a comprehensive kendama stockist in the Uk, but I dont really see It happening as its just not big enough in the Uk (yet?)!

There are a few online shops though, but they either sell their own branded kendamas or the standard JKA kendamas ( I really think ozora are the best kendama you can ever want).

http://skilltoyz.com/kendama/

Their own brand Dragon kendamas/Pills and JKA kendamas

http://kendamauk.com/

But this site seems pretty much dead

You also have Kendama.cz thats has a very comprehensive selection of kendamas from all around the world including their own hand turned exotics. Reasonable prices and shipping too.

And on Ebay there is a seller called craftybuddy who has quite a few JKA kendamas. She is also on this forum and is very helpfull if you message her on ebay about what other kendamas she has that arent listed.

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Chunky Nutwhip

Thanks for the links I'll check em out!

Yeah I know what you mean, It would all depend on minimum orders I suppose. 

Also I noticed that the smiley face kendamas and the bamboo kendamas are on Amazon for £5 just unbranded without the dragon stamp on. They are the same, I've checked. Not that I want to step on anyone's toes but when ya strapped it's worth checking these things out!!

Chunky Nutwhip

Yep got stung got £19 customs charge on two kaizens today. It's not really worth it. Geezer at the PO said its applied to anything over 15 value!

Looking forward to seeing what they slap on my £100+ order from kendama co

shalafi

Oh, yes, KenSan. Craftybuddy (Yoko) has a great selection of kendamas and is one of the first people that started bringing them to Europe (she was the one who sold the first Kendama to Alex Ruisch) and also a great supported of the community.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Chunky Nutwhip

I've just bought a few Hakushinsha Rokurosen kendamas off craftybuddy on ebay, i like the look of them!!

kayadama

While I do not stock all brands, more of a custom paint vibe. I am shipping from within the UK, so no evil custom tax charges  ;) have a peep at the webstore sometime http://kayadama.com cheers!