Author Topic: Kendamas in carry on luggage on a flight  (Read 2281 times)

Offline johndmc

• Pre-Dan
  • Consistency Caesar
Kendamas in carry on luggage on a flight
« on: 23 August, 2016, 09:45:02 »
Hi all, has anyone had a bad experience with getting kendamas on to a plane in thier hand luggage? I have 3 with me and one is a jumbo. I thought putting in my hand luggage will save some weight allowance in my suitcase, but not sure on whether this is a good idea?
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
  • Royalist. 2xBrit Champ. BKA mover. IKO'16 champ.
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
Re: Kendamas in carry on luggage on a flight
« Reply #1 on: 23 August, 2016, 11:04:15 »
I've not had a problem so far, but I've erred on the side of caution: Not putting in any kendama that I would be gutted to have confiscated. One occassion I was asked what they were, and I gave a very quick demo, referring to it as a "skill-toy", and calling the sharp bit the "pin", not the "spike".
I probably would put the large one in hold luggage though - it might seem a bit viscious.

Good luck, and happy travels!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Offline johndmc

• Pre-Dan
  • Consistency Caesar
« Reply #2 on: 23 August, 2016, 11:55:32 »
Thanks Void, I'll put the large one in hold then. Sadly I'm coming home today rather than going away. Been in Budapest, fantastic city one of my favourites i think.
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Offline Paul_S

• Aeronaut
    • Paul Sargent Illustration
« Reply #3 on: 15 September, 2016, 14:14:46 »
ive never had problems, however polish security thought my juggling clubs had weapon potential (but not the fresh krom viking in andys bag) :/

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal