News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Gloken gradings?

Started by shalafi, 15 February, 2019, 09:03:57

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

I just saw a post from Tajima Akira with a "Kendama Master" certificate. At the bottom it says gloken and also kendamakentei.com

The website is in Japanese, so I couldn't get an idea of what it says (I'm limited to romaji and maybe 100 kanjis) but I'd really like to know if this is a new grading system and how does it work.

Anyone knows about it?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

I found a set of YouTube videos with trick lists for medal, basic, advanced, expert and master

Medal:

Basic:

Advanced:

Expert:

Master:

I expect 3 tries to hit each trick once, but that's me guessing.

I was quickly looking at them and I like the selection of tricks for expert.

The Void

I've only watched the first two so far. I like the idea of the super-low level Medal challenge, so that very young kids can "get somewhere" quite early in their playing.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 15 February, 2019, 14:20:55
I've only watched the first two so far. I like the idea of the super-low level Medal challenge, so that very young kids can "get somewhere" quite early in their playing.
Yes, I liked that idea too. A big change on gloken approach from the levels on the world cup, where tricks get more and more difficult year after year

Nice to welcome beginners with an approachable grade. Although Kyu 10 is quite approachable too, it's just one trick.

shalafi

Now that I have looked at them in detail, they seem to have 3 sublevels, with 5 tricks each.

How many tries per trick or how many required attempts, I could not figure out from the videos.

Advanced looks pretty much like the current BKA Dan Tricks, Expert contains most of the tricks I miss from the BKA Dan lists, and Master is just the typical nuts.