News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

..with the Earth Turn horizontal, presumably? Nice!

Today I got 0/10 on the easier of my two 6th-Dan Freestyle tricks (that I'm hoping will be acceptable if I ever meet a 6th Dan examiner) and a record 6/10 on the harder one.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Maybe you are making it a too hard trick... 0/10, impressive.

You are planning on attending the Japanese Open again, right? You know there are 6th Dan examiners there :-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

More "Hoping" than "Planning".... I don't even know when it is yet.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Today I picked my performer, tried, Bird Fly Over The Valley, landed it at the first try, left the performer.

Then I did swing to bird (big cup) and mini moon circle with a normal kendama.

happygoat

Today I finally got my breakthrough making consistent Lighthouses. I know this trick isn't a difficult one in your guys' arsenal of tricks, but I guess the overwhelming satisfaction and sweet feeling is the same when you finally feel you "know" a trick. It really feels sooo rewarding and boosts the motivation for learning more... :)

When I started playing kd three weeks ago I never thought I would be here now....ahhhh...life is good!

The Void

Pleased for you!
Now you can make Lighthouse your Cup Of Tea Trick, and move on to work on... Earth Turns, or Jumping Sticks, or whatever you fancy.

shalafi

Consistently scoring 6 earth turns in a row :) a few months back they were only 3.

the milky oolong

Quote from: The Void on 14 January, 2013, 15:27:12
Pleased for you!
Now you can make Lighthouse your Cup Of Tea Trick...

Today I managed to land one in five lunars while practising this as my 'Proving the Bread' trick - there's no better way to spend that good fifty minutes' proving time. Was really happy to be finally understanding the balance point of the ken when it makes the landing, and being able to control the less-majestic of lunars coming in to land. Thanks guys for your positivity, was a milestone for my level!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

happygoat

This morning I landed a swing in to bird!
(Don't know if that's the correct name)

shalafi

Just did Base Cup -> Bird. Next objective: Around the Bird. I've done most of them individually already.

Thorny

Last night I had quite a good night. After some friendly competition with Matt at the NRC, I decided to continue trying Bird - Small Cup Wing Walker and managed to do it whilst the kettle was boiling aha. Other than that, I had quite a successful night with my new T-8 and landed some rather surprising tricks... including Spacewalk Fast Throw Spike! :)

The Void

the milky oolong

Today I began to master flipping to Lunar from a landed Aeroplane position. Very satisfying. Now all I have to do is to work out how to get into Lunar by means of the 1-Flip. Did I just say something about being satisfied?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

LarsVegas

Today I had a good run with "Around the prefecture" both with the Kendama and in real life - in this case it's Hyogo prefecture.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

mreasyguy

Today I been practising some new tricks ready for ken around the world and got basecup>540kenflip>spike>earthturn-whirlwind. Also got my first spacewalk-handroll-fast throw lighthouse. felt good  :D