News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The hardest kendama trick ever...

Started by The Void, 14 October, 2017, 11:56:19

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

Is that the kendama you used then?

Also looking at your score card you missed the first two Birds? Wow there must have been a moment then when you thought aghh not again!

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

rhys_goes_peace

Congrats Void! Being able to grind out a trick on film is one thing, but landing hard tricks consistently in a high pressure environment is another! Well done! :D
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

mreasyguy

Super congrats man! Well deserved after the years of trying.

You proper sneakied that Japan trip even to the point of replying to Shalafi "Wanna buy a few hundred Royals?" just 10 days ago! (unless he did buy a few hundred?!)

The Void

@johndmc Cheers man.
@KenSan "Well, duh, yes" to both your questions. :-P It's signed by my 5 examiners and Umetsu-san, of Yamagata Koubou.
@rhys_goes_peace Thank you very much.
@mreasyguy Thanks. Yeah, it was a sneaky comment, but it is my stock answer to that question, and I didn't actually say "no". :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Just wanted to let you know that Janne and me couldn't be happier for you Void! Having been in a grading myself, I don't think I can grasp the suspense and tension you have to overcome to accomplish this. It is a testament to your perseverance and dedication to kendama, and it couldn't be more deserved! Hope you've celebrated accordingly. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Japan!

Next time we meet, coffee's on me!  ;)
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Thank you very much @HansNickmans & Janne. It was pretty hard to stay calm, it's true. I'll do a longer write-up in a while. Celebration has mostly been a mixture of confusion, smiles and illness. Coffee, you say? Sounds great, thanks!
I hope your & Janne's "project" is coming along well too. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: mreasyguy on 15 October, 2017, 13:59:01
Super congrats man! Well deserved after the years of trying.

You proper sneakied that Japan trip even to the point of replying to Shalafi "Wanna buy a few hundred Royals?" just 10 days ago! (unless he did buy a few hundred?!)

I know, deflected the question without saying no. Given the result, it looks like it worked :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

I just added a long write up to the first post (after the tweets).

kendamatty

Excellent news @The Void, and a nice write up! I'm glad that you weren't rattled after your early misses, it seems like you've finally cracked Kendama!

so...what's next in your kd saga?

The Void

Quote from: kendamatty on 20 October, 2017, 17:43:52
Excellent news @The Void, and a nice write up! I'm glad that you weren't rattled after your early misses, it seems like you've finally cracked Kendama!

so...what's next in your kd saga?
Thanks, @kendamatty . Cracked it? Well, one aspect of it, maybe. :) Next? Dunno, bit of cake, perhaps. Still ill since getting back from Japan - haven't touched a kendama since.

John

Wow, massive congrats Void - what a phenomenal achievement! My hands would have been shaking like crazy I think... looks like you were as cool as a cucumber :)
Great write up too. Sounds like an amazing trip.

The Void

KenSan

Great photos Void. Would love to look around the Ozora factory!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

shalafi

Nice! Get it into a proper frame now :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.