News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge 16 - Back and forth

Started by The Void, 10 September, 2012, 15:11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Coming at 11pm BST, Friday 14th September.

If that time slot doesn't suit you, don't worry, there will be a tweak to even-out the "unfairness" of people being in different time-zones. So, check back here then or (if you're asleep then) on the morning after.

The prize will be the JKA t-shirt shown above.
Competition open to all players, worldwide. (As long as you're a forum member. And if you're not, why not?  :P)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Excellent prize! I know I will not have a chance against all the 1st Daners and up, but I always give it a go.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

mreasyguy

what a time to have moved flat and have no proper internet... will have to wait for next one... dayum

The Void

Quote from: mreasyguy on 11 September, 2012, 20:11:27
what a time to have moved flat and have no proper internet... will have to wait for next one... dayum
Well, if you want to have a crack tomorrow, I could film you...

The Void

I like it when these challenges are about consistency, and not about extreme difficulty. So, to appeal to players of (almost) all levels,  this one doesn't have tricks that are too hard, but does have a catch to make them more interesting. So, following on from Thorny's idea, I give you...

Kendama Consistency Challenge 16 - Back and Forth

1. (Strong hand) Spike
2. (Weak hand) Spike
3. (Strong hand) Moshi kame x 20 (start with the ball hanging) 100bpm minimum
4. (Weak hand) Moshi kame x 20 (start with the ball hanging) 100bpm minimum
5. (Weak hand) Aeroplane + Fast Hand Base Cup (Intermediate#5 here: [noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1afC-6kGIfo&t=2m05s[/noembed] )
6. (Weak hand) Around Japan
7. (Strong hand) Tap-back x 3
8. (Weak hand) Tap-back x 3
9. (Weak hand) Lighthouse (3 seconds. 2 in a row.)
10. (Simultaneously with Weak and Strong hands(i.e. 2 kendamas)) Spike

plus a tiebreaker:

11. (Simultaneously with Weak and Strong hands (i.e. 2 kendamas)) Moshi kame - as many as you can! (Start with both balls hanging)

Rules:
-Do all the tricks in order, no misses allowed.
-One take, no editing. Remain in shot the whole time.
-Please note that number 11 is not necessarily required....
-As soon as one person uploads a video of the completed list (1-10), then a 12 HOUR TIMER will start. Every one else then still has 12 hours to submit a video. (This is to make the competition more fair across different time zones).
-If at the end of the 12 hours, more than 1 person has uploaded a completed video, then the person with the longest run of double moshi kames (#11) will be the winner.

Get clicking!

shalafi

Oh, I think i can do this one! I am terribly busy weekend, but I'll try later on

The Void

3.5 days in... no takers yet.

In fact, I think I'll have a go at it to see how I can do....

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 18 September, 2012, 16:34:43I think I'll have a go at it to see how I can do....
Well, after a few goes, I got 1-7 clean, then finished off the list with 1 miss on 8, 1 miss on 9, and 2 misses on 10.
Then 1 for number 11!

Anyone got any closer yet?

SamB

I've tried and so far my best is about 10 with the LH moshi kame. Working on it though...
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

shalafi

I'm having quite some problems with the lefty moshikame and the fast hand base cup...

shalafi

I managed to do the left hand moshikame, but still not all the tricks in a row... interesting one.

AlexSmith

Oooh I like this one (probably only because I havent tried it yet, I'm sure my opinion will change).
Might have to give this a go sometime soon. Double spike is a deadly finish...

shalafi

I have managed all the tricks individually, but all in a row.... that's something different.
In fact the double spike itself is quite challenging.

BKA