News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Well done shalafi - what was the "knack" to it for you? Nice shot, John. What's your next target? Swing In?

Dimensions

Today I landed a personal target of mine, 10 "around tricks" all continuously joined togeteher
It goes:
Big cup > little cup > base cup > big cup > spike > little cup > big cup > spike > base cup > spike > base cup > little cup > spike > little cup > big cup > base cup > spike > little cup > spike > big cup > spike > base cup > spike > frying pan > spike > little cup > spike > big cup > spike > base cup > spike > big cup > little cup > big cup > base cup > big cup > penguin base cup > big cup > spike > earth turn > big cup > spike > earth turn > little cup > spike > earth turn > base cup > spike > earth turn

Also known as:
Around the block > around the village > around Japan > around the prefecture > around Britain > around the world > around Europe > around the cosmos > the 1st section of around turnbridge wells > around the U.S.U

it took me 3 days and I call it "around the islands"

Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Well done Rob.
I've got a feeling that there was some combo similar to that one that was referred to as "Around The Arounds", but I can't remember what, and a brief search doesn't turn it up.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

[user]The Void[/user]
I have seen lots of US pros do combos like this as well but normally it's only like:
Around Japan > around the world > around Europe > around the USA
But that combo is only 22 clicks, not 49[nb]And not 57 clicks either (around turnbridge wells)[/nb]

Dimensions

BKA

Well done Dimensions.

Today I did some forum database optimising after we had a little mySQL crash. Oh, the joys of webmastery....

johndmc

Quote from: BKA on 28 October, 2013, 11:16:22
Well done shalafi - what was the "knack" to it for you? Nice shot, John. What's your next target? Swing In?

Yes i think swing in will be another work in progress for me. I did land a few yesterday though, albeit not very gracefully lol
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

The Void

Today I had no time to click, as I was (triumphantly) debugging a different web site that had had me tearing my hair out. Also, I got to play with my new video light, which I will probably end up using to brighten the dark corners of the house where I click in the winter. It's all about the light!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

Today I learned a yoyo trick.
I have ono idea what its called though, some sort of little one handed green triangle thing? Ah well...

Dimensions

Today I Pre-Ordered my Mugen Musou, Snow Gold!
So exited

The Void

Today I broke this fellow out his cardboard jail.

Kev

Ah, now that's a beauty. That walnut looks great.

The tama also seems to have quite a texture to it - is that the wood grain showing through the paint?

Kinda looks like a lemon (the fruit, not a dud!).

The Void

Kev

emagdnim

Landed this tree tricks today, quit happy with it.

- Landed Around the bird .
- Spacewalk, handroll bird.
- Bird over the valley