News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Looped Wrist Roll Tomeken

Started by The Void, 07 March, 2015, 11:57:08

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Looped Wrist Roll Tomeken
BKA Outlink 2015 Trick 02 - Looped Wrist Roll Tomeken - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
Quote from: Leologic777 on 16 February, 2015, 03:02:16i don't get how you do the trick, after you loop it around your wrist how do do the second loop i don't get it. I tried watching in slo mo but it looks as if the string magically looks untangled when i try it becomes tangled.
Leo
Hey Leo, sorry for forgetting to reply to this.
The key to this is that this trick is NOT a wrap. Swing the tama into the loop at the beginning, and as the string hits the wrist, it will begin to wrap around the wrist.
The key is in the timing of the movement of the other hand: As soon as the string begins to wrap the wrist, the ken hand must start moving immediately, in a circle around the free hand. So that as the string/tama is wrapping, the ken hand is unwrapping at exactly the same time.
This is what creates the wrist roll, as opposed to it being a wrist wrap.

Watch the video again (in slomo) with that in mind, and it should hopefully make more sense to you.

In this version, the trick finishes with a straight Spike, but it could be a Swing In, or go to Lighthouse or Bird, or.... anything you like!

Have fun!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 07 March, 2015, 11:57:08In this version, the trick finishes with a straight Spike, but it could be a Swing In, or go to Lighthouse or Bird, or.... anything you like!
See also http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2283.0.html
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Leologic777

Ohhh! I see thank you very  much! Probably will try to use this in the future!
(sorry for super late reply)

Thanks

Leo

Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months