News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink, 2014

Started by BKA, 26 January, 2014, 16:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Took me 1 hour and 20 minutes but it was worth it!
So bloody hard!

Ok, I did overreact a bit...

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Ha ha, brilliant, love the reaction. Well done.
Accepted.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

I remember Nic (KendaMushroom) showed me this trick at my first EKO in Germany, I have loved the hanging style stalls ever since! I do agree with Eelco on this being a toughy though!

BKA Outlink - trick 11 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

*I do have an echo in the room with me this early on a Saturday yes.

s070s

Matt 4 PRO !! (haha)
and @ Dimensions .. Wow correcting it like that  ... double thumbs up!!

theobau

The Void

[user]kendamatty[/user] & [user]theobau[/user]: Accepted!

MisterJumpshoe

Going to have to bow out :(  Whatever's wrong with my arm, it means I simply cannot do this type of trick.  I tried it left-handed, but just couldn't nail it.

Go to it, gentlemen!
Music Has the Right to Children

The Void

So that's just 4 left:
theobau
kendamatty
Dimensions
s070s

The Void

Number 12, from guest setter Satoru Akimoto.
BKA Outlink 2014 Trick #12 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
Swing In > Double Whirlwind Earth Turn
Deadline: 22:30GMT April 9th
Keyword: Over

(That's a single Earth Turn, btw. Would probably accept it if you managed a double though!)

Dimensions

For me that was hard - too used to singles!

... But not as hard as the last one! (You could probably tell that)

-Rob

P.S I've just noticed that now makes 3 injured Outlink participants
Lars' arm bruise
Jumpshoes' bad arm
And I also remember Kev saying that he hurt his wrist!

Is Outlink a curse?!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Kev

Looks slick Rob, nice one.

I do have an injury that has pretty much put my kendama playing on hold for a month or so but I didn't get it from Outlink! I had an incident while hanging an 8 metre wide projector screen. Ouch!

It's getting better slowly, hope it's fixed in time for the week of kendama I have planned at the BJC next week though.

s070s

MisterJumpshoe

I have to kenfess I can barely ever do one turn of this trick.  It's a shame because I really like it!  Anyone have any tips?  I just can't seem to nail the ken flip; it's always slow and clumsy and ends is bad catches (or no catches at all).

This is a great competition, Void.  It pushed me to learn the C-whip and I love the potential of the arm-bounce aeroplane - I can see that one going into different things.

Music Has the Right to Children

mreasyguy

Back again to watch over the thread while [user]The Void[/user] travels back from Japan.  8)

[user]Dimensions[/user] and [user]s070s[/user]: Accepted!