News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

PikWik

no worries, rob.

someone else can have a go at 102

The Void

Quote from: BenPycroft24 on 15 September, 2014, 11:53:38As I dont have a YouTube account. How would I post my entries for endless combo's if I wanted to participate?
You can upload to any site you like. As long as it's a landscape video, and you post a link to it, that's fine.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 13 September, 2014, 13:00:22
....I'll ask that if you've been in the EC before, then please wait at least for a few days to give some other people a chance to join in.
Well, I guess people have had a good chance. What a shame that no newbies want to play. :( (I'd be happy to see you go again, [user]PikWik[/user]!)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

PikWik

i was going to let someone else have 102 based on how quick it is to pick up.

i really do appreciate the prize too. but, its not totally needed for my collection.
if another person wants to go for it, im down.

if no one does 102 in a days time, ill re-re-record

Sonicpearse

Hopefully this is ok - what do you reckon?
Thanks to the forum for my prize of the string set - it'll certainly brighten up by old kendamas!

Endless combo102:
Sonicpearse

The Void

Sonicpearse

Ok guys & galls this is one for less experienced players- from end cup, throw & swing onto spike. 
Beginners only please. Get your camera out & video some moves! It's a great feeling being part of the endless combo video!
Sonicpearse

Dimensions

[user]sonicpearse[/user] is that:
Base cup > in
Or
Base cup > swing in?

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Quote from: Sonicpearse on 24 September, 2014, 21:49:00from end cup, throw & swing onto spike.
Probably safe to assume from the "&" that the string must go taut at some point.

Meanwhile,

Dimensions

Going to take controll, and assume it's a swing in. So...

Next trick is:
103. [from Sara grip Base Cup] > Swing In
- Start on Base Cup
-Throw Tama to the side
- Continue the swing
-Swing on to Spike (still in Sara Grip)
-Beginners Only

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]shalafi[/user], [user]SamB[/user] [user]Will T[/user] & [user]Sonicpearse[/user] must sit this round.
Good luck everyone!

BenPycroft24

I don't really understand the trick. So the tama spin ls around the ken sideways (across the persons body)

Dimensions

BenPycroft24

What would be the easiest way to upload the video to the forum?

BKA

The forum doesn't *host* videos. (It embeds them from links) You have to upload a video to some site: Either a video hosting site like youtube, vimeo, juggling.tv, etc, or to your own server, or perhaps to a file hosting site like megaupload, dropbox, or similar. Then simply post a link to the video on the forum.