News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Nice one Chase. I think you're describing a Whirlwind Spike, but I'm not sure.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

CreativeKendamas

Hey everyone!

This is my very first post!

My name is Jordan.  I'm from good ol' South Dakota, USA.  I've really just started playing with my Kendama seriously, but I've owned one since Christmas 2011, when I received it as a gift.  All I knew was the name and that it was made by Sweets Kendamas from Minneapolis.  I spent hours playing with it over the next weeks and grew fond of the Sara Grip.  I remember I was particularly proud when I landed three Around the World's in a row, using three different Kendamas.  I continued to play throughout 2012, but never enough to really learn any technical tricks.  The craziest thing I'd heard of was a lighthouse or a bird.  My brother Ben was the one that really started pushing his skill over the last few months, showing me his consistency with spikes and even learning the 'legendary bird' that I thought was basically impossible.  He renewed my interest in Kendamas and made me want to learn all of these new tricks and more.  Another big moment for me was just last weekend when I did my first Around the Universe using my, what is now a really worn and flat tipped, Kendama.  I've even managed to pull off a few bird spikes now :)  Lighthouses are still out of my reach and Lunars still make me wonder how they're even possible to do.  Maybe my ball will get a little stickier once I wear in my fresh, new, Seafoam Aisuru from Sweets.  It's pretty sick!

I'm really excited to be part of the Kendama community and can't wait to increase my skills further.  I also LOVE the idea of making my own Kendamas.  They just look so beautiful :D

Can't wait to learn more and more about this sport and all you fellow clickers.

Keep on clickin' on,
Jordan

Cliffdama

Hi everybody!

Let me introduce myself first. I am Cliff a new dutch kendama player.
Hust found out about kendamas 2 weeks ago at a friends place. He got hisself a kendama in spain and showed it to me. This is what he said "i masterd it allready, you want to give it a try?" . He showed me -big cup, drop, small cup, drop, base cup, drop, spike. In about 60times :p. He didn't even knew the name of the kendama yet. After we found out about the name, we noticed there was also a yputube video in the search results. After watching the japanese dude showing off his kendama skills i was hooked!

Last weekend i got a sunrise kendama for my birthday and already looks like i'm using it for 6years in a row. I just can't put it away!
I'm allready doing the BKO beginner tricklist(void video) in a row without failing (not all the time ;) )

There is just so much to learn in the kendama world hehe. Don't know where to start.
Any tips for a new player?

Ty allready.
Cliff

BKA

Hello Cliff,
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're well hooked!
Check out the FAQ for some starting tips:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html, and add yourself to the map to help find players near you. http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

BKA

Oh, and I believe there's a kendama event in the Netherlands either this weekend or next weekend. Send a private message to KendAlex or shalafi on the forum to find out more.

BKA

Hi Jordan,
Welcome aboard too! It's cool that you have your brother to bounce trick ideas with. It's always so much more fun playing with other people whenever you can.
Click, click!

Cliffdama

Quote from: BKA on 15 February, 2013, 11:53:49
Oh, and I believe there's a kendama event in the Netherlands either this weekend or next weekend. Send a private message to KendAlex or shalafi on the forum to find out more.

Ok thanks, i will do that.

Today i landed a couple of slip-sticks, they are not that hard. The airplanes on the other hand seem impossible to master haha!

MrSquirrel

Hello everyone. My name is Brad. I am from the USA, specifically Pennsylvania. I am pretty new to kendamas. There was a fad at my school about 2 years ago, so I learned the basics back then; big cup, small cup, spike, candlestick, etc. I recently got an Enjyu Ozora and learned some intermediate tricks. I am also into yoyos, so if anyone else here likes to throw HMU :)

The Void

Hi Brad,
Welcome to the boards. I used to yo-yo a fair bit, I'm all kendama these days though. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Bigoregon

Hey everyone! I'm BigOregon. I bought a tribute yesterday and I'm currently awaiting my first kendama. I've been into yoyos, ukuleles and longboards. I'm in florida since joining the Air Force. Let me know if you throw or are in the panhandle area. I'm just now looking at the beginner info.
Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKA

Hello BigO,
Welcome aboard. Hope you like it here.

MrSquirrel

Quote from: Bigoregon on 05 March, 2013, 01:56:47
Hey everyone! I'm BigOregon. I bought a tribute yesterday and I'm currently awaiting my first kendama. I've been into yoyos, ukuleles and longboards. I'm in florida since joining the Air Force. Let me know if you throw or are in the panhandle area. I'm just now looking at the beginner info.
Cheers!!!

Hello! I am into yoyos too! How long have you been throwing? I've been throwing for almost 2 years now :)

Bigoregon

Going on two years now.

JamesFM

Hey Guys.. My name is James and I am brand new to kendama. I live in California and I am 23 years old. I have been doing 1A yoyoing for about a year now, and I found out about kendama through that hobby. I just ordered my first real kendama and it should arrive in a few days. I have been playing on a $2.50 miniature kendama from a souvenir shop for the past 2 days. I can do a few very basic tricks so far, but I feel like I will progress fairly well.

I hope to learn a lot & thanks for having me!

P.S.  I just landed an airplane to jumping stick a few minutes ago and I screamed like a little school girl with joy.. lol. I absolutely love the feeling of landing a new trick. I have sort of hit a wall with my yoyo progression, and I hope to get that thrill again from kendama.

BKA

Hi James,
Welcome to the forums. There seem to be quite a few people starting to arrive at kendama via yo-yo now, I hope more will continue to join us. If you've been practising on a mini, I'm sure your full size one will feel like a great relief when it arrives!
Have fun, CLICK!