News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: kendamatty on 19 March, 2015, 21:37:28
Steady hand is ready for Saturday's showdown! last showdown would have been in 2010 I think Void...time to dust off your game face ;)
Quote from: The Void on 19 March, 2015, 22:08:13
I'll pack my boxing gloves. ;)
It's going to be an interesting battle. 5 BKA titles among the two of you :-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

And today I practice passed 2nd Dan again. This makes 12 attempts this month, 8 passed and 4 missed to 1st Dan.

I think it's about time that I improve my grading.

the milky oolong

Today I went to the Kendamondays event at ULA Berlin, a Japanese fish restaurant with a cool basement for playing kendama in, now called "The Doujo" for event purposes. I met Kentaro Akai, Sachi Tamiya, Justin of Kendama TPC (of early Bitter Beans fame, the Taiwanese kendama contingency!), along with long time Seattle kendama chap Zack Winters, who has just moved to Berlin. We had a great bunker-jam until late in the evening. I learned the string trick necessary for Infinite Revolvers and watched Justin bang (Pull-up) Double Whirlwind Double Reverse Whirlwind Spikes like it wasn't no thing. The Taiwanese guys seemed both happy and a bit perplexed that my bike is almost entirely plastered in Kendama TPC stickers. Surely too much kendama awesomeness to fit into eight hours.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Wow, that sounds like a great night, milky! It inspired me to search for a Japanese club in my city, and there is one, with 2 meetings a month. I shall have to go along when I'm free....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

shalafi

Today I went to the Trinity Juggling Society. Two of the guys that played on the IKO were eager to try our new tricks and show me the ones they could land. @kenDogma also dropped by.

Very nice afternoon indeed.

LarsVegas

... practiced #5 of Outlink 2015. I was so close once, but didn't succeed. I can do everything until Big Cup and I can nudge the Bird back to Big Cup. But that part inbetween ...
However, I also find spiking after the Hoop quite difficult - see Void's video :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

the milky oolong

Hey Lars,

Keep going, man, you can do it! Really exaggerate the knees on the hop up to Bird, and you'll be alright. Niemals aufgeben!*

Had a surprise session with Kendama Till today, was a brilliantly sunny day and the tricks were flowing: my first ever Lunar Half Rover and Oppose Lunar Half Rover, Clifftop the World, and some other nice stuff I might save for the Collab Vid. Happy days!

*Never give up!

Kendama Berlin

LarsVegas

... did Tomeken > 3/4 Earth Turn to Big Cup > Bird > Nudge to Big Cup - yeahyeah!
That's the Outlink #5 part I couldn't do so far. Now I only have to get the camera and do the whole sequence

the milky oolong

Go Lars! Control of that tama to set up a nice Bird is crucial. You'll be all over it soon, flippin' the old Bird out of every cup, that's the way we do it balance-style! Really happy for you!
Kendama Berlin

Leologic777

Today I...

Finally Passed "Kyu" I am so happy!!!
(and yes with an approved dama; a Blue Tk!
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

shalafi

Quote from: Leologic777 on 29 March, 2015, 19:34:58
Today I...

Finally Passed "Kyu" I am so happy!!!
(and yes with an approved dama; a Blue Tk!
Well done! I'm assuming that's Kyu 1, right?

LarsVegas

... I improved further on my birds - from a hanging tama only. So far I succeded twice with Tomeken > Big Cup > Bird > Nudge to Big Cup.
Still not able to do the whole Outlink #5 sequence. And the Hoop is sloppy most of the time. Two more days to go.
But at least my birds get much better :)

shalafi

Funny, I found the previous trick of outlink harder. I guess it's all about different play styles.

Leologic777

@shalafi

I don't know what to call it because i still dong get how to tell. I do know that I have completed the whole chart including the 50 moshi kame (2attempts. Got it on second attempt, lucky!)
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months