News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Official BKA gradings

Started by BKA, 08 January, 2012, 07:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Hi Hans,
Were you given a green form in Toulouse when you got your Dan? This is an application form for official JKA certification of your exam pass. There is a fee (dependant on your Dan level), plus you have to join the JKA too (another small fee). Since you're asking, it seems likely you didn't get one. Who was your examiner? I'm sure you can still request a form.

johndmc

Hi all

Bit of a stupid question really, but regarding the grading table, am i right thinking that the numbers represent how many out of 10 attempts you need to get before you can move to the next trick, the higher number landed the quicker up the table you go?

Also do you have to be a registered BKA member first to be graded?

Thanks
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

BKA

Quote from: johndmc on 04 February, 2014, 16:53:48Bit of a stupid question really, but regarding the grading table, am i right thinking that the numbers represent how many out of 10 attempts you need to get before you can move to the next trick,
Yes. As explained on http://www.kendama.co.uk/tricks.html, "For any given grade, you have ten attempts to achieve each trick listed the required number of times."
Quotethe higher number landed the quicker up the table you go?
What? No.
QuoteAlso do you have to be a registered BKA member first to be graded?
No, but it makes it cheaper for the higher grades.

HansNickmans

My examiner was K.Cima (although I did my moshikames with Tomoya Mukai). I didn't get a green form. But maybe I'll just try and get it next time around, hopefully for my third dan :-)

Thanks for the info!
Kendama Belgium!

johndmc

Quote from: BKA on 04 February, 2014, 17:07:47
Quote from: johndmc on 04 February, 2014, 16:53:48Bit of a stupid question really, but regarding the grading table, am i right thinking that the numbers represent how many out of 10 attempts you need to get before you can move to the next trick,
Yes. As explained on http://www.kendama.co.uk/tricks.html, "For any given grade, you have ten attempts to achieve each trick listed the required number of times."
Quotethe higher number landed the quicker up the table you go?
What? No.
QuoteAlso do you have to be a registered BKA member first to be graded?
No, but it makes it cheaper for the higher grades.

Many thanks
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

BKA

Congrats to Sam, who got his first grading today, and to [user]mreasyguy[/user] and [user]Dimensions[/user] who both stepped up to 2nd Dan today. Good work, guys!

BKA

Kev stepped up from 3rd Kyu to Pre-Dan today. Nice job!

LarsVegas

Great beginner's workshop today at the 2. Stuttgart Youth Circus Festival (Germany). There were only five participants, but the atmosphere was great. Two were so enthusiastic, that they directly bought their Kendama (SunRise Street).

And four of them took an exam. It was interesting to see how the exam situation stressed the guys. For absolute beginners, they were quite good in the workshop, but once it became serious (and I tried to set a light tone to it), they really got nerves.

Anyway, here are the four new gradees. Congratulations to Gabriele (8th Kyu), Johannes, Maxime, and Victor (6th Kyu).

EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

Well done you four, and nice work, Lars!
It is indeed quite ridiculous just how much pressure a player can suddenly feel when someone says "and now it's exam time". A big plus to all gradees everywhere!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

DamaLife24

Congrats on 1st Dan Kev!!
Bryan Burnett

Kev

Thanks guys! Really enjoyed it and what a perfect way to begin the BKO weekend.

Now the playing really starts!

Jak

Yeah well done Kev! Definitely deserved. Gutted I messed up my moshi kame on my grading. I got the all the other tricks without too much difficulty at all and was aiming for pre-dan. Next time...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Kev

Thanks[user]Jak[/user] and well done for getting as far as you did.

It's been said before that it's always the Moshi's that get you. I've heard a lot of stories this weekend of really good players falling down on the MKs. Practice Moshi Kame, it's hard!

BKA

Congrats to all who got a new grading at the BKO this weekend. We didn't get pics of everybody (if you're missing, please post a pic!), but grading records for everyone will be updated shortly.