News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Records! You can do it how many times!?!?!?!

Started by Dave, 03 November, 2011, 21:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

SamB

Because I can't beat any of the current records (80% skill 20% short attention span) I started a new one:

BATON TWIRL ENDURANCE

I'm laying down the very beatable score of 20 rotations because thats the best I did before my forearm started to ache too much.
The rules are:
1. The twirl must be at a decent speed
2. No touching - as soon as any part of your body e.g. hand, arm, face, teeth, touch either ken or ball its over.

I counted every time my hand came up and I counted 20 but I await verification.

The gauntlet is down!!!

F.A.O. Greg the Strangler: I had Napalm Death on whilst filming.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

I think you're counting "1" as you start the trick, but that's before you've done a full rotation, so that should be "0", and we'd call that a total of 19.

We'll count "0" at the point where the ken is horizontal, and in front of your left shoulder (as seen in this video) for the first time. Up to that point we consider that you're still in the 'entry' to the trick.

Still, well done for setting a new record! :-)

PAshaRome

PAshaRome

jafish41

BKA

Quote from: jafish41 on 27 March, 2012, 21:53:22Record 31 Somersaults (Lighthouse Flips)
Added... as a separate record for a stringless kendama. Well done. And welcome to the forum.

MaxwellAmadeus

A friend of mine doing 20 consecutive spacewalk lunars.

BKA

That's some impressive control! Interesting that he doesn't seem to take any effort in his set-up... just straight into the next attempt as fast as you like.

If your friend joins the forum, we'll add it to the list in the first post of the thread.  :)

(And welcome to the forum yourself. Introduce yourself, if you like: http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2.0.html )

BKA

PS Aren't they, strictly speaking, Spacewalk 1-Turn Lunars? You could conceivably exit the Spacewalk without the extra rotation on the ken, but it would probably take a lot more accuracy for the landing?

Kenski Di

Quote from: BKA on 04 May, 2012, 13:20:11
That's some impressive control! Interesting that he doesn't seem to take any effort in his set-up... just straight into the next attempt as fast as you like.

If your friend joins the forum, we'll add it to the list in the first post of the thread.  :)

(And welcome to the forum yourself. Introduce yourself, if you like: http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2.0.html )

That is I.

mreasyguy

Was flicking through this post having a go at some records and then realised that this record hadn't been set.

So here is my record, which will be beaten pretty quickly i expect: 22 Around the Worlds.

P.S... sorry about the music, last.fm on in the background.

BKA

Congrats sir! Added to the first post.
This makes us realise we have not yet distinguished between "Consecutive tricks" and "Consecutive connected tricks"[nb]Your ATWs are "connected". i.e. You did not reset to start position between each trick.[/nb]. We'll have to update that at some point.

mreasyguy

Sorry about that, i just went off the around japan/ around the village records and assumed they had to be connected.

BKA

No need to apologise, nothing wrong with either method. It's just that the differentiation hadn't occurred to us until now.
Some tricks would not be connectable though... eg Slip Grip Special.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!