News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Thanks [user]Void[/user] and well done to you too.

It's been said a million times but if I was reminded of anything today it's 'Use More Knees!' - once I started thinking more about that all the above new tricks just dropped in to place.

I'm very aware of the challenge of the other books - always been my intention that once I'd done Spike! I'd move on to Knees! and then Click! - then string them all together in a giant consistency ladder.

[*wanders over to bookshelf, finds Knees!, begins again].

shalafi

I've self certified myself as 2nd Dan for the 2nd day in a row.

Getting better!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Nice work guys, really working on the essentials, great investment for your overall kendama game!

Today didn't have much time to play kendama but managed finally to land a few Reverse Swirl Aeroplanes that actually looked smooth. Happy with that!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Good work TMO. I like reverse swirl lighthouses myself ;-)

shalafi

And today I failed my self examination, but still managed 1st Dan.

I also got an interesting entry for the cotton reel, which I have on camera, and started to get the hook into the c-fan thing that Donald did on his last video.

The Void

@shalafi: DanDanDan!
@TMO: I missed your last vid in this thread until now. V cool. (But, the first rule of the collaboration video is you do not make allusions to other first rules[nb]Err... or something less Meta[/nb].)

Yesterday, I'd missed 1 too many Jumping Sticks, but was otherwise having a good run at 6th Dan, until the sun went in, and I got 0/10 2-T LHs. But today I practice-passed, so that's okay. I also had my best run at the IKO list today.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

@Void Good to see that you are practicing the IKO lists :)

Last word I have is taht Donald is not coming, so it will be a fiery battle between Matt and Void.

donald grant

Yeah, sorry I won't be joining you in Ireland, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.

Nice to hear you're having a go at the c-fan trick; don't try to go too fast, and keep your fingers close to each other for better control.

Didn't play much today, but I did land a typhoon jumping stick while waiting for the kettle to boil!

shalafi

Today I failed 2nd Dan self grading again, but at least I managed to fail safely to 1st Dan.

@Donald it's a pity, Neil told me that they were very limited in resources and they couldn't bring you in.

My first try at the C-fan almost hit my face at high speed. I managed to get it slower, but I was putting my fingers quite away from each other, so I'll try putting them closer.

The Void

@donald, we'll miss you! Plus... Ooh, typhoons, forgotten about those.
@shalafi, getting nicely Dan-consistent there. Keep it up!

Today I'm being interviewed again....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 05 March, 2015, 11:19:25
@shalafi, getting nicely Dan-consistent there. Keep it up!

I have less than 3 weeks to get consistent with that bloody tricklists :-P
I expect you to do my grading, probably after the IKO.

The Void

Sure.
Today I tried one trick - 2-Turn Aeroplane as my cup of coffee trick - and as the ken was flying, I got distracted by thinking "ooh, nice grain on the ken!".
I then laughed at how ridiculous that was. :)

The Void

First outdoor practice of the year for me today. Spring! Bit cold, and slightly breezy, but tolerable.
Missed a couple of JS, and one 2-T LH.
Less solid on IKO stuff.

The Void

Today I recorded Outlink Trick 4....

Leologic777

Today I landed my first Falling Down!! Im still trying to master turntables. After those, time for some swirls!
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months