News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink 2017!

Started by Dimensions, 18 January, 2017, 16:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

s070s

@LarsVegas  that was just fabulous man !!  8)
that little puff after the spike said it all

go go power ranger ! Are you gonna be the winner this year  ;)

John

Lars is the man! Spent all week grinding on a tough trick until he got it down, leveled up and is ready for the next challenge. The true spirit of Outlink!

s070s

Quote from: John on 23 February, 2017, 10:39:16
Lars is the man! Spent all week grinding on a tough trick until he got it down, leveled up and is ready for the next challenge. The true spirit of Outlink!

here here !!

The Void

Quote from: s070s on 23 February, 2017, 12:35:27
Quote from: John on 23 February, 2017, 10:39:16
here here !!
Actually it's "hear hear!", as in "listen to what that person is saying". Originally "hear him!" (twice).

But back on topic.... Hear hear!
Oh, and I just realised that today is deadline day, when we get to find out what Dimensions has in store for us next...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

johndmc

Sadly I've just not managed to get this one. I've managed to land it twice just not filming at the time. I'm determined to get it right, so you may get a random video from me down the line, but sadly I won't make cut off today. Enjoy the rest of Outlink everyone
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

oesterzilla

The Void

Quote from: johndmc on 23 February, 2017, 13:34:36Sadly I've just not managed to get this one. I've managed to land it twice just not filming at the time. I'm determined to get it right, so you may get a random video from me down the line, but sadly I won't make cut off today. Enjoy the rest of Outlink everyone
Hard luck, @johndmc . :( But what is this "not filming at the time" you speak of? I am unfamiliar with the concept. ^_^
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

@oesterzilla
That does it indeed! Cutting it a bit fine though
Accepted!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Dimensions

Times Up!
@The Void
@fiddletriks
@John
@Niggy
@DanieLambert
@paulsayer
@jakub.zahumensky
@KenSan
@Its_mrdiz
@Maicodama
@s070s
@LarsVegas
@mreasyguy
@oesterzilla

Are through to Round 4

Trick 4: String-Slap 1-Turn Lighthouse > Tradespike > 4-Directional Earth Turns
Key Words: To Make
Deadline: 3 March 16:30 GMT

Sidenote: When I say the tama can't move during the string-slap, that is only for the rise, not the drop

Go!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Hmmm, that's a bit vague on the tama movement, but I'll take this picture as my guide, and give it a go. I like the trick. :-)

shalafi

The only times I could practice the trick is when the little ones were sleeping, and then I had to be extra careful to not make much sound, so at the end I didn't practice enough.

Good luck to the rest of the people in.

I like the string slam, I'll practice that one.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Quote from: LarsVegas on 21 February, 2017, 20:20:45
Soaking wet, I've been training this for days now. The success rate of the Big Cup -> Candlestick was quite high at the end. But as already someone else said, the Candlestick -> Big Cup is almost more difficult.
So, I keep "going":

Funny how I was waay more consistent on the candle to big cup part myself. I guess it depends on the person.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

jakub.zahumensky

well, this escalated rather quickly...

John

Sorry to see you go @shalafi - I too am part of the "practice when asleep" brigade and understand how tricky it can be!

@Dimensions can I do the reverse sideways earth turn before the regular one to finish?

DanieLambert

This took a minute and a half. Eat bananas folks