News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink 2016 - Come and join

Started by shalafi, 18 January, 2016, 22:04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: LarsVegas on 22 February, 2016, 22:27:49
I have to learn Swirls - very quickly, or else ...
10 days, there should be plenty... if only there were a good tutorial of them, or at least for half-swirls

Quote from: The Void on 22 February, 2016, 22:37:18
I feel like I'll have to learn that combo twice: once with the brain, then once with the body.
I look forwards to it.
I can't believe you haven;t tried that yet, I've been doing these type of combos for years :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

cello_91

Quote from: shalafi on 22 February, 2016, 22:44:19
please everyone, pay attention to the "isolation" part, specially on the last step, do not pull the tama

do you mean i have to use the only the motion of the tama so that it will come up it self and then execute the grip change? :)
@shalafi

shalafi

I mean that the ken and the tama go up, then as they go up, you switch your hand from the ken and move it to the tama.
As opposed to a typical pull when your hand stays at the same place and you pull the tama by tossing the ken outwards.

I hope I've said it clear, it is complicated to explain, but the video should be quite obvious.

SamB

BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

shalafi

@SamB yes you did understood it perfectly. Accepted!

shalafi

The Void

I laughed at my own ineptitude quite a lot when learning this. Did I get there in the end, @shalafi ?
Outlink 2016 04 Swirlantispinishness - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

@The Void The last isolation is just in the limit, but the limit is ok. Accepted!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Lucky bugger. I'm watching this over and over again saying 'swirlstopkenspacewalkdirectionintoswirlminispacewalkminispacewalkin'. In preparation, of course.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Yep, that's pretty much what I was doing! :)

shalafi

Apparently this trick is harder than I thought.

However both submissions were right at the first try.

cello_91

my go :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCLXKUJxNbR

it didn't feel like i pulled at the "isolation" part, but you tell me if i am correct :)

shalafi

@cello_91 the third isolation is in the limit, but the second is too loose (you should throw a bit later) so, rejected!

Because I know you can do better ;)

cello_91

Quote from: shalafi on 24 February, 2016, 19:43:43
@cello_91 the third isolation is in the limit, but the second is too loose (you should throw a bit later) so, rejected!

Because I know you can do better ;)

wait... third??
were else are "isolations" ? :O

so which part exactly was wrong? @shalafi

ok thanks   ;D